Revell 1/48 B-25J Gun Nose

Yellow Nose, Green Nose, Blue Nose, Red tails, Yellow Tails Checkered Nose, etc...

Basically, any Allied aircraft during WW2 that sported any type of Colored or Checkered Noses and/or Tails.
LyleW
Admin

Revell 1/48 B-25J Gun Nose

Post by LyleW »

Bought this kit to have a solid gun nose. The Promodeler kit seems to have all the guns stuffed in the glass nose.

I knew it had been started, but, shama-lama-ding-dong....A lot of tube glue used. Most of the interior in place and unpainted. Not horrible assembly, but it is all unpainted.

The holes for the side mounted package guns looks to have been punched out with a #10 nail, but here we are...

A lot of painting and working around already glued-up items. The IP decal has been applied to the unpainted IP part. I will remove that and scan in another sheet and use that. I can't tell if this was a beginner (doubt it as some of the work is well done, but a bit messy), a youngster or what. Looks like the builder gave up when it came to the upper turrent. Not sure why.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Re: Revell 1/48 B-25J Gun Nose

Post by Stikpusher »

Fortunately, most of that will not be visible once the fuselage is closed up. Just airbrush the interior Dull Dark Green and you’ll be fine. Ya gotta love those strafer B-25s! I think the only one more devastating in that role was the strafer A-26... :ballbat:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Yep. Interior green has been sprayed on. Broke out the new Iwata Neo (whilst the other two are away at the airbrush spa). Just picking out some different greens and such on the inside. Not going to stress too much about it.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Don't forget the A-20, Carlos. Like the Allison Mustangs they were there for the whole war.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yes but they didn’t quite have the same fixed forward firepower. The hard nose B-25 had 8 .50’s in the nose, four more as package guns, and could bring the top turret into play for a total of fourteen .50’s. The late hard nose A-26 had eight nose guns, six fixed wing guns or eight wing podded guns, and could also bring the upper turret into play for a maximum of sixteen to eighteen .50’s. That is a devastating amount of heavy machine gun fire in the beaten zone.The A-20 by comparison just had six .50’s in the nose, with no wing guns, the same as most contemporary USAAF fighters. Still formidable, but less than half of either type.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Well, yeah, but the A-20 is still my favorite! It's prettier!

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

So there! :tease:
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

And two A-20's can hit you from both sides at once with just as many guns. Just like those medics with the pneumatic guns in basic!

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Next... :ballbat:

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

jeaton01 wrote:Well, yeah, but the A-20 is still my favorite! It's prettier!
I’m a little partial to the Invader for family reasons. My dad flew in them in the Air Force reserve after his stint in the Army.

FLSM

Return to “Yellow Nose, Green Nose, Blue Nose, Red Tail”