Monogram 1/48 Hawker Harrier

I believe all things Hawker, prop or jet....This GB is kindly being moderated by Mr. John Eaton (jeaton01)
mustang1989

Re: Monogram 1/48 Hawker Harrier

Post by mustang1989 »

Can't wait till the next update. I smell paint in the air. :whistle:
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

mustang1989 wrote:Can't wait till the next update. I smell paint in the air. :whistle:
Nah... that’s just Lyle... :whistle:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

:giggles: Oooohmmm....I'm tellin' :shutup:
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

jeaton01 wrote:Here's some pictures of a NASA Harrier I took in 1989 at an airshow a company I worked for put on. An AV-8A of some type I would guess.

Oh VTOL, what a wonderful thing...
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Stikpusher wrote:
mustang1989 wrote:Can't wait till the next update. I smell paint in the air. :whistle:
Nah... that’s just Lyle... :whistle:
:whistle: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

New cologne....Eau de Dark see gray, with a touch of XF-57
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

I'm watching this with a lot of interest Carlos. My only Harrier model is the Monogram AV-8B version. I built it in 1989 I believe, the fourth model after I got back into the hobby. And yes, the two rear main wheels do not touch the ground. Grrr...an issue that has bugged me for all those years. Apparently, Monogram dropped the ball with locating that part correctly. I remember also modifying the exhaust nozzles so that all four rotated when in place.

My son and I saw a Marine Harrier perform a routine at an airshow in Waco, backing the the '80s. Man, was that thing loud as the pilot was spooling her up! It was a cool demonstration of the Harrier's capabilities too! My old Harrier model has never been photographed before. Those messed up rear wheels just look so goofy; guess I could say it's just lifting off? :wink: :lol:

Please keep us updated on your progress Carlos. :grin:
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Gary. I’ll get back to this one day soon hopefully. I just haven’t felt much modeling mojo for the past couple of months…
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I was wondering about your building mojo status. Sometimes when you level up you hit a plateau where you want to catch your breath before you start climbing again. At least that’s how it feels to me. Although as much as I have learned from you I still jump from project to project. If I could truly learn anything it would be to stay the course the way you do and build until the end.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX

Return to “The Storms of the Hawkerlypse”