You’ll Shoot Your Eye Out Kid

Guns, knives, bows, weapons in general.

NO Politics, None of the stuff we don't allow in other areas. Be nixe.
Stikpusher

You’ll Shoot Your Eye Out Kid

Post by Stikpusher »

Ok, this is a place to discuss firearms, shooting and related topics.

NO politics or rants regarding the subject area allowed If you do not care for the topic, move along, do not force your own views upon others of an opposite mindset.

So, have at it- long guns and hand guns, breech loaders or muzzle loaders, rifles, pistols, or shotguns... personal, professional, and military...

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Fermis
Addicted Member

Re: You’ll Shoot Your Eye Out Kid

Post by Fermis »

Stikpusher wrote:Ok, this is a place to discuss firearms, shooting and related topics.

So, have at it- long guns and hand guns, breech loaders or muzzle loaders, rifles, pistols, or shotguns, bows, crossbows, sling shots, catapults, clubs, battle axes, etc.!... personal, professional, and military...
More "inclusive"!!!
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Or is that diversity? :giggles:

Anyways… what’s anyone’s favorite handgun to shoot, and why?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Don’t know yet. We have a Bersa 380, a Taurus G2 9mm and a new S&W M&P 380 EZ. Still looking. May get a 22 next.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Awesome idea! Now if only those Moderator clowns over at FSM can see us how it's done in a more civilized conversation.

My first gun? BB gun my grandfather gave me which I no longer have. He also had a pump action pellet rifle and for the life of me, I never knew what happened to it after my grandmother passed away in 1995. I still have the BB pistol somewhere in the house though.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Stikpusher wrote:Or is that diversity? :giggles:

Anyways… what’s anyone’s favorite handgun to shoot, and why?

To shoot it would be my Teddy Roosevelt Rough Rider it has two cylinders .22 and .22mag. my father-in-law gave it to me for my birthday the year before he past. Close second would be my Beretta 92fs it's the one I have on me all the time or always within arm's reach when I'm at home.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

The Bersa thunder .380 is nice it's a copy of the Walther ppk. So you could run around the house pretending to be James Bond :tease:
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

As mentioned in the other thread...the only handgun I have is the Heritage "Rough Rider" .22 6 shooter.
I have shot many others, but they really don't do much for me. I prefer long guns.
We have...I should say my Dad has...a pre WW1 8mm Luger, that we found in my grandparents attic. It is clean, zero rust and in great shape. All the #'s on the parts match...S# 42. Have not shot that...yet!
We also have a couple other guns that have been passed down through the generations. One was my G-G-G-Great grandfather (dating back to the early-mid 1800's). It's in rough shape, but looks neat hanging on my parents wall. Also have my G-Great grandfathers double barrel, muzzleloader shot gun...also hanging on my parents wall. And (also mentioned before), my Great grandfathers double barrel, double trigger 410, that I got my start with.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Well despite my comment in the previous thread about the differing mindest, obviously after a lifetime interest in the military and military history I like guns - I'm just not allowed to own them, well, not the sort I'd like to own at any rate. :bag:

I've only ever owned a .177 break barrel type air rifle - I swapped it for a walkman back in the late 80's. My friend didn't want it anymore as the butt had split. Thankfully my uncle was a carpenter and was able to fix it. We had quite a long garden and I set up a range - I was a reasonable shot over iron sights.

I've never actually shot a firearm, but if I could have a handgun I'd like an old WW1 vintage Webley service revolver - just for the historic interest. Likewise it'd be cool to have a WWII vintage .303 Lee Enfield bolt action.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I hear ya. The missus doesn't like guns... nor keen on the idea of me owning one. Would I want one? Yeah.. sort of. Do I really need one? Probably not since I don't have any interest in going to a shooting range. I'd rather spend money on something I enjoy doing or have an interest in. Who knows. Maybe my bro-in-law might pass down one of his rifles down to me.

It is interesting to see who has what for firearms though.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn

Return to “You'll Shoot Your Eye Out, Kid”