It followed me home

Guns, knives, bows, weapons in general.

NO Politics, None of the stuff we don't allow in other areas. Be nixe.
LyleW
Admin

Re: It followed me home

Post by LyleW »

Stikpusher wrote::nono:

Such a fine new item deserves better…
Oh. Ok may. Not a problem
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

I've got a model 60 - nice little rifle.
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Yeah, it seems to be. Quite stylish, too.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

nice purchase Lyle I had a Marlin Model 60 I ended up giving it to my niece she's a hell of a shot with it. Like Carlos said a bit of lube and work it a bit and it should loosen right up.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thanks. I don’t know when, of if, the Marlin will be available. Certainly a true Marlin will never be made again. Ruger owns them now.
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Just my opinion but I think Ruger makes better rifles than Marlin did. My 10/22 has never had a problem, the model 60 would stove pipe all the time.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I hope so, Clint. We have a Marlin Model 39A that was my Dad’s. Serial #1856, I think. Love to shoot that.
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Nice rig Lyle! You're going to have a lot of fun with that one. Rimfire rifles (and pistols) are a lot of fun to shoot. I have a few in my collection, including a Marlin 39A from 1952, same like me, lol. A few years ago I bought a Marlin Model 60 from an online vendor. It came from his own collection and it was a transferred by an FFL-holder that I knew. After filling out the paperwork and getting it home, I drew back the charging handle and what do ya know? A live round ejected! Whoa. I sent him an email and received a profuse apology in return. Man, that was stupid and could have been tragic in the right circumstances. :shocked:

My first gun was a Mossberg New Haven .22 semi-auto. I was about 11 and kept that little rifle until someone stole it out of my pickup one night. Yes, I forgot to bring it in one time, and that was all it took. I found another just like it on Gunbroker a few years ago to make up for it. And the Ruger 10/22? Also a fine rifle and so much fun. Many rounds through mine and still a great shooter.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Gary, our 39A is a 1956 edition going by the serial. I believe Pam and I will be getting .22 pistols later this week and I’m looking for a compact 9mm like the P365. Can’t decide
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

LyleW wrote: Still want a Marlin Model 60 IF they are ever availabe again.
Of all my firearms...my Marlin 60 is my favorite!
Got it at Walmart for $125-ish. I shopped around a bit...local shop had a used (WELL used and beaten) for $200... :bored: Another local shop had new ones for $190-ish.
I've had 18 years...and I will admit...I am very bad about cleaning. I'd bet I put at least 7000 rounds through it, but finally HAD to do a proper cleaning last Fall. She was GROSS!!!
All my friends that have 22's, have the Ruger 10/22...it seems they're "hit-n-miss" with their mags and jamming issues. They may have 50 round mags...but I can reload and get 50 rounds out in the same amount of time as they can!!! I wouldn't trade my 60 for 2 or ever 3 10/22's!

Return to “You'll Shoot Your Eye Out, Kid”