1:87 USN Pearl Harbor Supply Depot Boxcar, Oahu, 1943.

Here is the place to show off the progress on your figurines and dioramas.
KSaarni
Elite Member

Re: 1:87 USN Pearl Harbor Supply Depot Boxcar, Oahu, 1943.

Post by KSaarni »

speedgraflex wrote:Image

Oh, did not really pay attention to the scale, until I saw these two pics!
And then scrolling back to actualy pics of the kit, very very nice details.
This will be great Bruce!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Isn’t 1/87 scale HO railroad scale? Or is that OO?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

The decals look great Bruce!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Brilliant painting and decal work Bruce! You're doing a sensational job! I am constantly astounded at the realism you apply to these railroad subjects!

Carlos, this is 1/87 scale which is the US HO scale. HO/OO is 1/76 scale AKA British HO scale.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Mike! How goes your move? Thank you so much for your kind words!

Thank you for your comments, Kari. These kits date from the Seventies and are extremely well detailed and designed. In fact, these kits are still being sold today through the Walther’s Railroad Catalog, a phenomenal state of affairs for a kit that is narrow gauge, meaning it won’t fit or run on standard gauge tracks. Since we live for details, I chose a kit from the earlier runs, expecting clean plastic, zero flash and well written instructions. The real bummer would be the instructions which are crammed on one page; however, these just take time to decode. It’s not a Tamiya kit, but it is made with integrity.

Carlos, well Mark answered your question perfectly, so in the same breath as thanking you for writing I want to thank Mark for his answers. You’re both aces.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I ordered R/Robb archbar trucks and wheel sets and I am excited that the package will be delivered today! Robert was the brother of Cliff at Grant Line RR products, and a very talented photographer. I’m curious to see how well these “gems” sparkle today. I’ll update when I have them.

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

The new old stock R/Robb brass trucks and wheel sets are terrific! I had to ream out the centerline posts (kit versions are plastic and good for plastic) and replace them with new brass posts, but I am using the kit washers. Exciting, but I remember now why I switched from HOn3 to On3… dem parts are tiny.

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Beautiful! I am suitably impressed Bruce! I agree, the parts can be tiny indeed. I love seeing this as I wanted to modify my German Armored Train to run on an HO track by changing all the wheels to these kind of trucks. After starting and seeing how extremely difficult the assembly was, I discarded that idea and just built it out of the box. It still took me a year and nine months!

Looking forwards to seeing more Bruce!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Model Railroads, the only models that you’re supposed to play with :giggles:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Hahaha, thank you, Carlos! What about these tasty kits?

Arkmodel 1/48

Tamiya 1/16

And RC planes?
Duke Maddog wrote:Beautiful! I am suitably impressed Bruce! I agree, the parts can be tiny indeed. I love seeing this as I wanted to modify my German Armored Train to run on an HO track by changing all the wheels to these kind of trucks. After starting and seeing how extremely difficult the assembly was, I discarded that idea and just built it out of the box. It still took me a year and nine months!

Looking forwards to seeing more Bruce!
Thank you, Mark!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX

Return to “Work In Progress: Figures and Dios”