USS-Kobayashi Maru ECS 1022

Show of your completed sci-fi products here.
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Re: USS-Kobayashi Maru ECS 1022

Post by Gary Brantley »

Nice work! :shoutout:
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Hi and welcome aboard! I applaud posting in multiple categories and look forward to seeing more of your work. This is a lovely interpretation! In fact the other night I was thinking about the absolutely beautiful and demanding Aztec design of the Star Trek ships starting with the E refit of ST:TMP. I love Trumbull’s (Magicam’s and Boss Studios’) version of the E as well as the toned down versions that followed after TMP. Your painting and scheme hits perfectly the time period of “Wrath of Khan,” with the stacked nacelles and docking bay colors.

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Thanks Gary!

speedgraflex, I appreciate your comments! I did work hard to make it fit the era of the movies, and I have actually done a 1/1000 Refit with the aztec decals. Do you have any trek builds on here?
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Nice... very nice! I like it! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Awesome looking build!
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Ceaser_Sa1ad wrote:I appreciate your comments! I did work hard to make it fit the era of the movies, and I have actually done a 1/1000 Refit with the aztec decals. Do you have any trek builds on here?
I would love to see your refit. I have never built one. I was checking out the versions to see which would make a good point of entry. I was obsessed with the original series versions, so I would like more or less the same scale, which may or may not be possible. Here is a very highly modified 22-in cutaway deluxe version with Federation resin and JBot decals:

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Floki wrote:Awesome looking build!
Thank you, I appreciate that!
speedgraflex wrote:I would love to see your refit. I have never built one. I was checking out the versions to see which would make a good point of entry. I was obsessed with the original series versions, so I would like more or less the same scale, which may or may not be possible. Here is a very highly modified 22-in cutaway deluxe version with Federation resin and JBot decals:
May I make a suggestion? Start with the 1/1000 TOS Enterprise. The pylon joint is a pain, but the rest of the kit is pretty good. Putty and sanding are your best friend, but it is a good size (about 11 inches long). Other TOS ships are the 1/1000 Romulan Warbird, and the 1/1000 Klingon D7.

However, I have to say the 1/1000 Refit is a REALLY easy kit to start with for trek. The 1/650 TOS Enterprise is mostly easy, but super inaccurate. There is also a 1/537 Refit Enterprise, that one is a bit tricky but can come out super nicely if you work hard on it. If you want to start a separate discussion in the Sci Fi section, I would love to continue talking about these!
BlackSheep214 wrote:Nice... very nice! I like it! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
Thank you!
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Loving that! A great bit of kitbashing.

I'll always have a soft spot for TOS but I have to say I've been re-watching all of Voyager recently - a much under rated series.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Well Round2 just released a 1/1000 USS Voyager! I really want one, Voyager is hated so so badly for no reason.
TOS is just a lot of fun though
Dragline
Advanced Member

Post by Dragline »

I had no idea they even made a kit of this ship. You really did a great job on it Declan.

Really solid in every way. Sorry i missed it. I'll be visiting this section more as I seem to be missing out on cool stuff.
Now that we know that.... What have we learned?...

Return to “Completed Builds: Sci-Fi”