BlackSheep's choice...

Nightfighters, Eyes in the Skies and Spooks Group Build
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: BlackSheep's choice...

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Progress pics as promised...

Satin Canyon Black over Semi Gloss Black. The aircraft, propellers, and gear doors....

“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Last night's progress...

I painted the panels around the superchargers Tamiya Metallic Grey and weathered using overthinned Tamiya transparent blue; followed up with Tamiya flat red mixed in for a darker tone, Superchargers Tamiya Dark Iron and top coat with Mission Model Metallic Burnt Iron,

Struts and wheels installed. I have a feeling this is gonna be a tail sitter. Good thing I saved some scraap clear sprues to make a stand to hold tail up. Instruction guide did not make mention to add weight in nose. :bored:

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Looking good and wicked in black! Very nice! :shoutout:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Looking good, Tom. Here are a couple pictures you might like. The photo recon pictures are to show what the weathering might look like on the boom aft of the superchargers, I would bet a black airplane would be similar. It's possible that the only metallic colors would be the supercharger and the little cooling scoops on the front of it.

My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Yeah.... I need to get some brown chalk or Tamiya weathering powder at Hobby Lobby... IF they have it.

Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

That is looking great Blacksheep! Nice job.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

It'll definitely be a tail sitter. I added alot of weight to my J and its still a tail sitter
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

This one is at a standstill. I need to order National insignia decals. I'm hoping to get this one done before the year is out.

mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

I just got all caught up on this thread and I'm with you on the Revell BW kit.....I built that thing as a kid and even as a kid and overlooking alot of things it was still tough to build. The Hobby Boss and GWH kits are much better renditions of it I've gotta say.

Your second choice is looking good. I really cannot get over the fact (in a definite good way) that Revell included two engines and a complete cannon bay in this kit. The paint and detail work you're putting into this build is really lookin' good Tom. :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

It's really looking good Blacksheep!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault

Return to “Nightfighters, Eyes in the Skies and Spooks Group Build”