Rules, etc.....

Stuart
Elite Member

Re: Rules, etc.....

Post by Stuart »

I'd love to join in but I'm well aware of the shipping to and from the UK - sometimes 100% over the value of the kit. Still Steve, if you do find yourself in need of an extra, I'm happy to send somebody something.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Pick something you know is available in the UK. C’mon, jump on!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

OK gentlemen, and I use that loosely, the drawing is this weekend and I want to make sure I have everybody.......

Ceaser_Salad
Floki
Duke Maddog
Lyle W
Scorpiomikey
jeaton
Glamdring

That's seven. As I said, if its an odd number I'll jump in.
If I missed anybody let me know.
The drawing is on the 13th unless there is an objection.
Once my wife draws, I'll contact everyone via personal message then you're off and runnin.
Like Ceaser stated, keep the gifts around $50 but remember that shipping costs are over the top as well. I've found that If I have something in the stash, as long as it's not started and hopefully still wrapped (none of mine are) its less expensive at a whole. If your trying to keep your anonymity then the return address may give you away, even if you don't put your name on it.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
Glamdring
Advanced Member

Post by Glamdring »

Can't wait!
aka Robert

"I can't get ahead no matter how hard I try, I'm gettin' really good at barely gettin' by"
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Post by scorpiomikey »

$50 Of what currency?
$50NZD is significantly less that $50USD :lol:
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

This was a bit of an oopsie on my part. $50 is quite arbitrary. However, I will put it this way, $50 CAD is $40.03 USD. If I spend $50CAD on someone in the US they are getting a $40 kit. So I will say $50 USD, it seems the most reasonable. Remember, that is the cap, not the minimum. Do not feel compelled to spend on the highest kit you can just because it says $49.99. But be reasonable.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

scorpiomikey wrote:$50 Of what currency?
$50NZD is significantly less that $50USD :lol:
Yes, USD.
Alrighty guys, I'll draw tomorrow and message you whit the results. Looks like I'm jumping in.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

The sign up is closed for the year. I'll get your giftees to all you mugs a little later this afternoon via message.

Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Great! Once again, thanks for helping out.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

OK boys, messages have been sent. Let me know if you didn't get it or you have any questions (via message) that I can pass on to your giftee.
Other than that, be patient with the shipping, don't break your bank and have fun.
"We now return control of your television set to you"
Ceasar...it's all yours my man

Return to “Secret Santa 2021”