Airfix 1/72nd Victor K.2 Op Black Buck

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Re: Airfix 1/72nd Victor K.2 Op Black Buck

Post by tempestjohnny »

Looks fantastic. That must have used some of your paint stock
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Bish wrote:Thanks guys. Looking forward to getting tgis wrapped up, though i am still waiting for 2 pieces of ground equipment to be released and once again, figures are an issue.

Duke, this is the tanker. Used to re-fuel the Vulcans on their way to bombing raids over the Falklands.

Cool. I need to build one of those. I have the bomber version done; now to build something to refuel them all!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Bish
Master Member

Post by Bish »

Thanks guys. Yep, it did use quite a bit of paint, going to have to re-stock the Xtracolor. Got her done down and will get some pics up in a day or so.
'I am a Norfolk man and i glory in being so'
On the bench: Revell 1/72nd Type VIIc U-Boat
Bish
Master Member

Post by Bish »

Time to get the final pics up and wrap up this years modelling. The Victor was finished off by fitting al the wheels, tok a bit of fiddiling to get them all to touch down, but they do now,and got the side door fitted.

And then to attach it to the base. I added the ladder and some wheel chocks from Flightpath. The Land Rover is the Airfix 76th offering. I've had that a while, was meant for another build, but i thought it would work nicely here. I recently noticed that a UK company called Air Graphic has a range of 72nd resin Series III Lanny's in different configirations, so i've alreday bought a couple of those.

The tow bar is from Aircraft in Miniature, another UK company that sells through Hannants. I am still waiting for them to re-release their MD 3000 tractor and 60Kv GPU bother of which i will add once i get them. So the Lanny and tow bar are not secured to the base yet as i may need to re-position those. And as you can see, once again figures are the real issue, i can't find any that work for this. But hopefully i can source or modify somthing that will work. But for now, its done. And as you can see, its to big to fit in my photo booth properly, so sorry for the pics.

Thanks for looking. I'll be following this up with another Airfix Falklands war 72nd aircraft starting this weekend, the Harrier GR.3.Hopefully it won't take as long as this one.
'I am a Norfolk man and i glory in being so'
On the bench: Revell 1/72nd Type VIIc U-Boat
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Am real beauty! Perfect extra touches, too!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Wonderful result, great base with the pretty tiny Land Rover next to the Victor!

:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:

Fantastic looking build here Bish! Bravo! Just curious, but will none of the ESCI or Airfix NATO ground crew figures work for what you have in mind? I know that you’d need to slice off the base from each figure, but the poses and clothing should be correct for the era.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

I really like it, Martin, well worth the time and effort! You'll have to photo it again when you finally get the other support stuff, and maybe make a big hangar to put it in front of, along with a Vulcan. We can dream big, at least. :hmm:
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Where are you displaying all your diorama builds? :hmm: :giggles:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”