Blowing off the dust

Show us where you work and what kits you have.
-Latest Acquisitions
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Blowing off the dust

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Hi all,
In light of recent chats, I decided it would be fun to see everyone's old stuff. Bring out a kit you haven't looked at in a while, boxed or built, dust it off and show everybody! Be it a kit you loved, hated or just plain forgot, something old is the requirement.
I will start: This is the 1/537 Enterprise Refit. It is either the first or second star trek model I made, so that would be about 3 years ago. It is a 22 inch model. It sits waaayyyy at the back on top of my wardrobe, because that is the only place it fits.
What have you got?
Last edited by Ceaser_Sa1ad on Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
LyleW
Admin

Re: Blowing of the dust

Post by LyleW »

Looks good. Has a nice patina to it.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Thanks! Got anything old of your own? (And no, a mirror won't count)
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

You asked...my unde, never,ind.

Old? I’ll have to check. I think the first one I completed When I started back is done there
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

:shock: I hope you find something other than your drawers...
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I’ll play. I built both of these EVA Pods from 2001: A Space Odyssey in 2004. These are from a very rare garage kit series that was used for the museum exhibit. If you saw the Kubrick exhibit, it’s the same scale as the Discovery! They fit inside.

Both are the lighted, yes! and the arms are articulated. The decals were very tricky for me.

And… also for you: how they were photographed. One sheet of paper. One desk light.

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Oh Lyle.... :headslap:

Back to the Enterprise.... that looks really nicely done! Bravo!! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:

You want old? My model building career started going back when I was about 5, 6 or 7 years old and kept going until I started dating in my 20s and eventual marriage and child. I had the itch to come back to this hobby about 10 + years or so. Check these out the forum thread I had started last month :

http://www.spamodeler.com/forum/viewtop ... =14&t=5760

http://www.spamodeler.com/forum/viewtop ... =14&t=5761

Now if you’re curious on what kits I’ve done through the years of my youth and teens, I started a thread on those as well. No photos but a list of kits I’ve done thru the years. Be prepared to be awed.

http://www.spamodeler.com/forum/viewtop ... =14&t=5754

http://www.spamodeler.com/forum/viewtop ... =14&t=5756
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

I built this about 35 years ago, so I was about 40. No airbrush then. It's titled "weathering by dust" on my web page for the model. It's the Monogram kit, still in the display case today.

This one has been rebuilt since this picture, it was originally built in 1965 or 66 when I was in college. I used the decals from the Monogram Fw-190 on it. Monogram 1/48 Me-109E.

But if you want the real dusters in my realm, these two are it. The P-51D is the Monogram 1/32 kit which I built in 1967 during my last semester in Airframe and Powerplant school. The P-40E I built in 1978 over one or two days when visiting in-laws in Hawaii, my nephew Jim built another model with me but I can't remember what it was. I just pulled these off the top shelf in the library and hosed them off with 100psi from the shop compressor. Someday I will add the parts that have gone missing.

My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

You should see his display case too. :giggles: Gorgeous and I’m jealous he had it built too. I need something like that. :ballbat: :giggles:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Ok the Mustang in the front right of this picture is my oldest survivor. Hasegawa 1/72 built about 1991/92. Microscale decals for the Iowa Beaut
I recently picked up the same sheet to redo this with my current abilities

Return to “Your Work Bench and Stash”