John's 1/48 AVRO CF-105

Something you have never built.
LyleW
Admin

Re: John's 1/48 AVRO CF-105

Post by LyleW »

Impressive work, indeed! Hope the finger is healing!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Very nice work! :shoutout:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Thanks, everyone.

I worked on the fuselage seams some more, still more to do on that. I also started working on the afterburners. Even with the resin parts they needed some help as they were too shallow. I took some 1/2 inch plastic pipe and machined it to the proper diameter in a lathe, and cut it to a scientifically approximate inch in length. Also I put a round lens on the center of the afterburner end plate to simulate a cone on the Iroqouis that was not on the Hobbycraft part.

A little more progress. The back of the fuselage was cut away to allow the tubes to pass through, the tubes were joined to the resin nozzles, and some initial painting was done with a mixture of Tamiya paints for titanium. More to do on them to dirty them up some.

My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

There is some mighty fine work going on in here with this plane John. Sorry bout the smashed finger bud.....
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Double dog ditto!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

The smashed finger is workable, not too bad, actually, but thanks for the sympathies.

A little more work on the Arrow. Painted up the flame holders with Alclad burnt metal in the areas behind the framework. I put the wing halves together and scribed the outline of the wheel wells on the underside of the top wing halves, if you look close you can see that. The nose gear door had a waffle pattern on the outside in the area where the other side had some deep holes, so in the photo slow cure CA and dental alginate has been applied. The other side of the door is in the inset at the bottom.

Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Looking good! Can't wait to see this one done.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Thanks, Declan.

I wasted a whole day on cockpit decals today, but with it raining all day why not. I did get them printed, although it was not without some travail. The computer I use to run the ALPS printer seems to have failed, so I used the Laser printer which works fine but makes it so I have to paint a white undercoat on all the places the decals go instead of just printing the white. Bother!

Heres a jpeg of the panel decals.

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Beautiful work. Sorry about the computer. Did you kill a chicken and sprinkle the blood on the keyboard whilst dancing around it chanting, “spawn of satan”, “tools of the devil”?
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Nice work on those IP decals John. Glad the finger's getting better. :wink:

Return to “Cherry Popper Group Build”