Hey look - another Bonanza...

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Stuart
Elite Member

Hey look - another Bonanza...

Post by Stuart »

Hi Guys,

I thought I'd join in with Lyle and Declan and experience the wonders that are Minicraft's V35A Bonanza first hand.

This is the kit I have - mould and mildew removed with anti-bacterial wipes... (yuck!)

And I guess this is what I'm aiming for... (yeah right!)

I've not had a chance to start on it yet, but hoping to cut some yellowing plastic tomorrow.

Cheers!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Re: Hey look - another Bonanza...

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Welp, I got mine buttoned up today. I hope for your sake that it is a far older version than mine, because then you may have a fighting chance with it.

Good luck!
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Cool Stuart. I’ve had decent minicraft experiences. Done a few of their airliners and have been eyeballing their line of private planes. I find their plastic to be soft which helps when facing fit issues. Seems like a bonanza group build is forming here.
Thanks,
John
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

keavdog wrote:Seems like a bonanza group build is forming here.

:giggles:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Just been doing some test fitting of the main parts before I add glue to anything... Overall it's not too bad, certainly no worse than some of the old kits I've made. :hmm: (Airfix Tornado anyone...)

I have to say I'm tempted to build up the firewall/IP and fit that BEFORE I cement the wings into place - and then maybe leave the nose unglued until after the engine is fitted and the nose cowl is ready to go on.

I've also been checking the position of the gear mounting point when the wing halves are mated. I saw a review on youtube where the guy had an issue with the it being in the wrong place after he'd glue the wing together, and the leg not sitting correctly. It's okay on one side and slightly off on the other (0.25 - 0.5mm maybe). I'll adjust it to fit with the legs in place when I glue it together. I have got a warp in my wing, in the lower fuselage part, but that seems to straighten out when fitted - however I do think the dihedral might be a bit too steep, so I'll have to see if I could adjust.

:hmm: I'm actually wondering if I should attach the lower wing half to the fuselage before I add the upper wing parts.

Looks lie it'll be an :quotes: interesting :quotes: build anyhow.

Cheers!

Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Good luck with it!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

lol! I think I'll need it!

BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Test fitting don’t always pan out the way you’d hope until you apply the glue. Only then it’s when the “fit” gets interesting.

Having followed Declan and Lyle builds on the same kit, I do wish you luck. Maybe you’ll have a better go at it.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

BlackSheep214 wrote:Test fitting don’t always pan out the way you’d hope until you apply the glue. Only then it’s when the “fit” gets interesting.

Having followed Declan and Lyle builds on the same kit, I do wish you luck. Maybe you’ll have a better go at it.
Oh how many times I've found this to be true.......especially when I'm "opening" a build up.
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

I don't think I've ever seen one if these built. Now we have three going at the time :bow:

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”