Hey look - another Bonanza...

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Hey look - another Bonanza...

Post by BlackSheep214 »

tempestjohnny wrote:I don't think I've ever seen one if these built. Now we have three going at the time :bow:
Must be the gluten for punishment is in the air... :giggles:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I may be stripping the paint on mine...just not happy with it. We’ll see.

Stuart, I’ll post my feeble thoughts in on your construction questions in abit...when I have a real keyboard.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

For what it is worth, my 4 Euros worth...
Stuart wrote:
I have to say I'm tempted to build up the firewall/IP and fit that BEFORE I cement the wings into place - and then maybe leave the nose unglued until after the engine is fitted and the nose cowl is ready to go on.

I think I would consider gluing the firewall/IP onto one half of the fuselage, then gluing the fuselage together. OR, leave the small seam at the base of the windscreen un-glued until you fit the fire wall assy in place With the IP attached, it is a very tight, twisty fit and you will likely pop a seam ...so leave it un-glued.
Stuart wrote:I've also been checking the position of the gear mounting point when the wing halves are mated. I saw a review on youtube where the guy had an issue with the it being in the wrong place after he'd glue the wing together, and the leg not sitting correctly. It's okay on one side and slightly off on the other (0.25 - 0.5mm maybe). I'll adjust it to fit with the legs in place when I glue it together. I have got a warp in my wing, in the lower fuselage part, but that seems to straighten out when fitted - however I do think the dihedral might be a bit too steep, so I'll have to see if I could adjust.
Could you share the link to this? There is not much room to adjust things.
Stuart wrote: :hmm: I'm actually wondering if I should attach the lower wing half to the fuselage before I add the upper wing parts.
I attached the upper wings, then slid the whole mess into place. There was a need to sand a miniscule amount from the front ot the wing bottom, and it dropped right in. I believe it was likely flash. There is a LOT of flash and such on this kit. A lot.

If you try to bring the wings up to the fuselage, you get way too much dihedral, as you noted. I did not do that, but filled the small gaps with some plastic stock and putty. . . then some CA on it.

Hope this helps a bit.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Thanks for the advice Lyle!

This is the link to the youtube vid I mentioned.

Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Still test fitting, although I have assembled the IP and the wings, ensuring the mounting holes for the main gear were in the right place...

speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Would you be able to post a quick shot or shots of the assembly destructions or I will look for a link.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Thanks,
John
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Here you go Bruce!

They're not very clear - all I had to hand was my Kindle...

Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Purple....

Just started blocking out the cockpit colours & playing with ideas. Its nice to do something other than a black, grey or green interior for once.

:hmm: Also thinking of doing this in some form of mock-camo scheme...

Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

That's a cool idea. I like the purple too, I did mine in tan but covered it up with the black windows.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”