Ceaser Tries Again

Something you have never built.
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Re: Ceaser Tries Again

Post by tempestjohnny »

Declan its looking real good. When I built mine, for the life of me I couldn't get the seam under the cockpit sides lay flush. I tried and tried but it beat me. But I kept the decal sheet because it was so cool.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Ceaser_Sa1ad wrote:
BlackSheep214 wrote:Ah... the Italeri kit..... :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: Ask me why....

So far, it’s looking good.
Uuhhhh why?
Nothing Italeri put out is ever correct in scale. I did their F-16 ADF/AM "Special Colors" kit. The center belly kit was way off in scale. When you try to glue the front nose gear door on, that belly tank blocks any clearance to visually open and close right. Click the link below and scroll down to the finished Green Lightning F-16 comment.:

http://www.spamodeler.com/forum/viewtop ... n&start=70

Would I get another Italeri kit? I don't know but if I do, I'll read the reviews first on scalemates website.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Italeri does good scaling their 1/35 armor. It was more petite and true to scale compared to the Tamiya 1/35 armor kits of the same era ( :shocked: say it ain’t so!) I don’t think that I have yet built a 1/48 aircraft that was originally molded by Italeri. Their only aircraft that I remember building was their old 1/72 Waco & Horsa gliders, and those were fine kits for their era. And I do remember building their old 1/700 or 1/720 HMS Hood long ago as another nice build.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Hmm after reading your review, I have to agree. This Tornado is pretty nice to me, but I think it is a touch too short. I don't mind too much though.
I think you should try this one. I am going to do the SEPECAT Jaguar after this, kinda in a Gulf War era mode.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Seems are mostly done.
Broke the left horizontal stabilizer off. That means when I re glue it, I have to have it in a static position, I won't be able to move them. Oh well. :whiteflag:

"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Looks like you're making good work of that kit. I did an Italeri 1/48 Tornado and couldn't finish it. Nothing anywhere fit right.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

LOL! I’m not surprised. I don’t know what it is with Italeri kits these days. Nothing fits or out of scale of certain things. I never done Italeri armor kits before. Then again, I don’t do much armor kits.... nor ships. :bag: :whistle:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Nice progress Declan. I did Italeris OH-13 and Osprey and they were pretty good.
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Declan, I don’t know how much you work with metal tubing and rod, but you can easily fix that broken stabilator using that stuff, make it work, and be even stronger. Nice seam clean up work, BTW.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Speaking for myself, I have built a large quantity of Italeri planes, armor and helicopters, albeit in 1/72 scale. I don't recall having nearly as many issues as I'm seeing here. Maybe it's the scale, but I don't know. I've always loved Italeri kits.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Cherry Popper Group Build”