Stuart's Folding Table...

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Stuart
Elite Member

Re: Stuart's Folding Table...

Post by Stuart »

keavdog wrote:And I'd guess not many folks have AC. BTW the mottling on the F-14 looks fantastic. Well done.
Thanks!

No, AC's not really a thing over here in private houses, it's not really worth it for the few days a year we have high temperatures.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

keavdog wrote:And I'd guess not many folks have AC. BTW the mottling on the F-14 looks fantastic. Well done.
I just saw a report that only 5% of houses in Europe have AC
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

And those 5% of houses with A/C I’ll bet are in areas that border the Mediterranean Sea… :hmm:

Meanwhile here in the Sonora Desert it’s a mild 106* right now in the midday. It’s supposed to get up to 111* in the afternoon.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

That sounds about right, I've only ever been in one private house with A/C in my entire life. Shops and offices generally have them though.

As it was we spent the hottest parts of the days chilling out in the car with the AC on max - having a picnic and reading. One of the benefits of working from home and being freelance is I can be flexible with my hours, and my son's school had closed anyway, so it seemed like the best thing to do.

Hopefully when we move North these hot temperature waves we get in the South East won't be a problem.

Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

No A/C? I wouldn't survive without it here.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Those Brits would be melting in our country with this nasty heatwave and humidity.LOL! They’ll be begging for mercy in New York State’s humidity.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Come down to Houston right now. Even you would be begging for mercy. :giggles:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Hey, Stuart, can you guys get window A/C units? They are fairly inexpensive.

Anyway, as did most anyone around my age (born in the 50s) we grew up without airconditioning. Lots of fans, iced drinks and such.

The first house we bought did not have a/c - well, it had a shell of the unit outside, but nothing that was working. We put it in a few years later. That was around 1980, I think. It was after that we finally made our mom get central air in her house.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Hiya Gents, sorry for being rather quiet lately but what with being stuck in moving hell still, I've not had a lot of internet time of late - I have managed a little modelling though.

Asides from the GB busting 1/144 Clipper....

I've also managed to get all of the decals, including the orange stripes, on the little D.H. Vampire T.11 I got for fathers day this year. I've just got to finish some touch ups and sort out the undercarriage.

It actually took me a week to do the decalling, just taking my time getting them down in sections using micro sol/set. The decals themselves performed really well and any wrinkling issues were totally my fault - I have to say I was quite impressed.

Cheers!

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..

Return to “Member's Gallery”