Re: 1/48 Iraqi F-7B (Chinese Mig-21)

Post by keavdog »

I love it! Turned out really nice Stik
Thanks,
John
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Tom, TJ, Torben, and John, thanks for the kind words. Good enough worked out well enough here. :wink:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

I really like the final results and congratulations for getting this kit off the shelf of doom
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Clint! The final results do look pretty decent.

Like Sgt. Elias said in Platoon, “Feelin’ good, is good enough.” :wink:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I think it is sensational myself. The fact that it is done is a bonus since it had been sitting for so long. Well done! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Mark. I’m slowly chipping away at my Doom backlog.

FLSM
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Carlos, great result my friend! :shoutout: She really looks the part and I love the Iraqi livery. My one and only MiG-21 is also an Iraqi bird. :grin:
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

I like that paintwork Carlos! Those Chinese clone kits are often difficult builds. So I think it came out very nice. And are those Matra missiles under the wing?
ImageImageImageImageImage
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thank you Gary & Remco
Gary Brantley wrote:Carlos, great result my friend! :shoutout: She really looks the part and I love the Iraqi livery. My one and only MiG-21 is also an Iraqi bird. :grin:
I have a few more 21s in my stash for future projects- North Vietnamese, Egyptian, and Soviet as things stand right now…
BorgR3mc0 wrote:I like that paintwork Carlos! Those Chinese clone kits are often difficult builds. So I think it came out very nice. And are those Matra missiles under the wing?
This was my first Chinese clone kit. From an assembly standpoint, the kit was not difficult, but it was a bit clunky, and so many details way off for accuracy. Yes, those are Matra R550 Magic missiles. From what I’ve read, Iraq obtained those missiles from France, along with many other items of weaponry, during their war with Iran in the 80’s, and wired up their J-7’s to carry the missile.

FLSM
Handiabled
Master Member

Post by Handiabled »

I love the camo finish on this! Excellent!

Return to “Completed Builds”