Sci Fi Group Build

Organize a group build and see who is wanting to participate here.
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Sci Fi Group Build

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Anyone interested in a sci fi gb? The topic evolved from an X-Wing gb, so that is a thought.
A kinda cool idea would be if everyone who joined the GB did a SPAM related colour/wing scheme on whatever sci fi vehicle they did. For instance, x-wings, instead of red and grey, be orange and white. Something like that.

Any ideas, feel free to comment.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
keavdog
Elite Member

Re: Sci Fi Group Build

Post by keavdog »

I have a partially started Anakin's podracer.
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

I think I skip... I don't have anything that is even close to Sci-Fi in my stash..

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

I would be in for a sci-fi build. I have some Star Wars and Gundam kits in the stash. But as I am quite a fan of those movies I really would want to build them in the original colours.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

BorgR3mc0 wrote:I would be in for a sci-fi build. I have some Star Wars and Gundam kits in the stash. But as I am quite a fan of those movies I really would want to build them in the original colours.
I would love to see a sci-fi GB, I can understand wanting to do things in the original colors so I wouldn't make it a requirement but maybe a extra to throw out there.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

I think I would do 2 x-wings. One in SPAM and one in Partisan colours.
Would be fun for everyone to do at least one thing in SPAM colours, regardless of GB or not.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I'd be willing to join this; after all I have a 1/72 scale Millennium Falcon I want to start. Hopefully we don't wait too long for this.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Sweet. I would love to start this soon too... but I have 2 other GB models to finish, the Sackville and the Tornado.
I say we start mid end of Jan? Or earlier?
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Well.... I did put in an offer on eBay for a Star Trek related kit. So, we’ll see if the seller accepts or counteroffers. I’m on the hunt for another Sci-fi related kit from a television show I used to watch as a kid. IF..... I can find one and at a decent price. So far I haven’t found one offered for sale yet.

I might also try to find the robot from Lost in Space too.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Scruffy
Advanced Member

Post by Scruffy »

Sounds good to me, have something from Aliens, Star Trek, Star Wars, Space 2001, Sea Quest DSV, and probably some other stuff as well.

Return to “Group Build Feeler”