New display cabinets!

Show us where you work and what kits you have.
-Latest Acquisitions
VanceCrozier
Advanced Member

New display cabinets!

Post by VanceCrozier »

OK, not really "stash" or "bench", but it sorta fits here?

A few weeks back, the wife and I walked into a local store that was going out of business. She was looking through clothing, of course, while I wandered over to the food/kitchen supplies area. Wandering around I noticed that all the cabinets & shelving had name tags & prices on them.... :o :o Kept looking around and found these babies:

Now there are 4 in that block, I grabbed 2 of them. THICK glass shelving, heavy-duty structure, storage underneath. (This will also serve to get my kits out of a small curio cabinet that I have been gradually taking over from the wife - she'll have free reign in the old spot once I get my stuff moved.) Started moving some reference materials into them already, before anybody else in the house gets any crazy ideas.

BUTT!!!! I haven't moved anything yet because the face is open, and I have helpers...

So, interested to hear what you all may suggest for doors? To be honest I'm kinda thinking about getting a sheet of acrylic from a local signage company I deal with, and kind of mount it "racecar hood-pin style", considering that it won't need to be open & closed very often. Thoughts?
I am a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma, smothered in Canadian bacon.
Thomas_M
Admin

Re: New display cabinets!

Post by Thomas_M »

Great looking cabinets! Good find! Opportunities as this one are rare. Wonder what "racecar hood-pin style" looks like?
Very nice little helper! Ours helps us to get up at night to let him out... :roll:
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

I agree, you do not open a glass cabinet that often. So "race car style" would work. I have some glass cabinets and I open them either when I have finished a model or for the yearly dusting. And that is about it.
ImageImageImageImageImage
VanceCrozier
Advanced Member

Post by VanceCrozier »

Thomas_M wrote:Great looking cabinets! Good find! Opportunities as this one are rare. Wonder what "racecar hood-pin style" looks like?
Very nice little helper! Ours helps us to get up at night to let him out... :roll:
Hood pins:

In the case of a car, allows you to eliminate the springs & other mechanics involved in raising & lowering the hood. If you need to access the engine, you remove the pins that are holding the hood in place, and lift it off.
I am a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma, smothered in Canadian bacon.
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Thanks for showing me! I had a guess but wasn´t sure. Beautiful car, btw. Wished I could afford one!
VanceCrozier
Advanced Member

Post by VanceCrozier »

Thomas_M wrote:Thanks for showing me! I had a guess but wasn´t sure. Beautiful car, btw. Wished I could afford one!
lol, afford one? Wish I could too - I'll just be happy to get doors sorted out for my cabinets~!! :P
irbis

Post by irbis »

Very nice score!
VanceCrozier
Advanced Member

Post by VanceCrozier »

irbis wrote:Very nice score!
Yep - I'm a happy boy!
CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Post by CallSignOWL »

whoo! score~!
Every take-off has a landing...some are just better than others
Sprue-ce Goose
Advanced Member

Post by Sprue-ce Goose »

VanceCrozier wrote:
irbis wrote:Very nice score!
Yep - I'm a happy boy!

...but did ya get to keep the " Upper Canada Soap " signs? ;)

Return to “Your Work Bench and Stash”