Glamdring's Secret Santa build

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: Glamdring's Secret Santa build

Post by Duke Maddog »

Way to go Robert! Nice work! I'll be looking forward to seeing this in paint.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Glamdring
Advanced Member

Post by Glamdring »

BlackSheep214 wrote:Just catching up on your build. Looking pretty damn good so far. You don’t have an airbrush?
Thanks much! I do have an airbrush, but degenerating hand and arm strength have eliminated my ability to use it. I pretty much hand brush everything now, or have a family member use the rattle can under my supervision.
aka Robert

"I can't get ahead no matter how hard I try, I'm gettin' really good at barely gettin' by"
Glamdring
Advanced Member

Post by Glamdring »

Duke Maddog wrote:Way to go Robert! Nice work! I'll be looking forward to seeing this in paint.
Thanks Duke!
aka Robert

"I can't get ahead no matter how hard I try, I'm gettin' really good at barely gettin' by"
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Duke Maddog wrote:Way to go Robert! Nice work! I'll be looking forward to seeing this in paint.
:P1:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Glamdring wrote:
BlackSheep214 wrote:Just catching up on your build. Looking pretty damn good so far. You don’t have an airbrush?
Thanks much! I do have an airbrush, but degenerating hand and arm strength have eliminated my ability to use it. I pretty much hand brush everything now, or have a family member use the rattle can under my supervision.

Ah... I gotcha.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Glamdring
Advanced Member

Post by Glamdring »

Eek, it has been far too long that this has been sitting on the sidelines.

Since weather conditions cooperated for multiple consecutive days, I was able to dive back into the Type 16 with 3 separate rattle cans. OD green on the underside, a coat of JGSDF brown as a base, and then plenty of masking followed by JGSDF green. I love this shade of green, I will have to bookmark it for future builds.

This has been my first experiment with a camo scheme, outside of some hand brushed 1/72 tanks, and I think it turned out reasonably well all things considered.
aka Robert

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Looking good!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

What Lyle said... :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Glamdring
Advanced Member

Post by Glamdring »

Thanks guys! I biffed it up today trying to do a pin wash and panel accent on the green sections. My acrylic wash bit into the surrounding areas, and now the panels all look like they have a Sun's corona. :headbang:

I will overcome....somehow.
aka Robert

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I'd say from the earlier photos Things went more than reasonably well. Your initial work was spectacular!

As for the pin wash; I recommend coating this first with a clear coat that doesn't react to the underlying paint or the planned pin wash. As for now, well, you could just re-paint over the whole thing using the previous technique and move on from there.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Secret Santa 2021”