Tamiya M41 Walker Bulldog-Ending at last!

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Re: Tamiya M41 Walker Bulldog

Post by Gary Brantley »

LyleW wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:44 pm Gary, that is a masterpiece! Love your detail work!
Well, I don't believe it's a masterpiece Lyle, but it sure is a great compliment you give! :grin: Thanks sincerely! Some parts still look kind of shoddy to me but I think I can fix them. I sure appreciate it Lyle! :bow:
Stikpusher wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:47 pm Looking sharp Gary! Very sharp. :shoutout:
Thanks Carlos! :bow: I think it is coming together pretty well now. Still have a few steps to go but I think I've got them planned out. Now, if I can just not futz it up! :wink: :lol:
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Man that is looking great so far Gary!! Looked like the real deal there for a sec. I don't blame you for subbing out the figures. I'm not any good at it myself but would like to start trying to learn.
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Thanks a lot Joe! :bow: Glad to hear you like her. :grin: Figure painting just flat scares me...I need lot's of practice before I'd trust myself to turn out a credible person.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I don't generally do figures. . . for the same reason. I have a kit of figures that I'll never use. I'd be more than happy to send them to you to use for practice.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Blooming superb work Gary!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Oh man, thanks so much Stuart! It's getting there, but I see many lil' issues in the pics that need some attention. I am my own worst critic, as most scale modelers are I think. We see things that "normal" folks might not and that's because we see so much beautiful work by other modelers and wish for the same results with our work. I'm pretty pleased with this tank so far, fingers are crossed that I won't drop the ball now! :headslap:

I really appreciate your support and the encouraging words my friend! :bow:
Brandons_Iron
Advanced Member

Post by Brandons_Iron »

Well, this is such a simple older kit and you've made it look like a Takom or Meng. Well done, this one is stellar. Excellent detail with the extras and the weathering. You have raised the bar on the Bulldog. :shoutout:
BrandonK

If you can't fix it with duct tape, you're not using enough duct tape.
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Hey, thanks a lot Brandon! I really appreciate that. I have a few more steps on the tank itself, and then I'll tackle the crew figures. My figure painting skills aren't much, but I'm game to try! :wink:

Oh, and I have to create a base for my photo shoot idea. And that's more uncharted water.; up to now, most of my models have been aircraft, posed on mock tarmac. Here's what I mean:

Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

It's looking great!! :shoutout: :shoutout:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Man I like that Tigercat!