MV Colombo Express 1/700 Revell Germany

Here is the place to show off the progress of your ship builds.
LyleW
Admin

Re: MV Colombo Express 1/700 Revell Germany

Post by LyleW »

Duke Maddog wrote:Wow, this looks like fun! That little guy on the foredeck is insane! Maybe you should put another on there afterward like he's sunning himself or something. This is so fun to watch!
The guy sunning has possibilities....
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Yesterday was a nothing day - got a cortisone shot in my right knee. Also was told by a passing roofing contractor that we may have roof damage from the storms several days ago. I've started that process, and it is raining for the next few days. I love real life.

Today, I got the dividing/supporting pieces on the deck. Eighteen of those rascals. The good news is they only fit one way and only the one specified for that location will fit in that location. This kit is a wonderful kit to build. Many is it well engineered and well thought out. A lot of attach points on the sprue, but they are not bulky and easily removed. Great kit. All Y'all should try it.

To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Wow, cool to see this one going together Lyle and it's great to hear you're enjoying it... but, 1/700 PE and figures?!? Yeah... no thanks :grin:
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Not sore the figures will be painted. May place a few for scale...like those architectural renderings.

So far, this has been one of the best kits I’ve attempted.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

That's good to hear, I reckon you'll do a really nice job of it.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

We’ll see. I think tomorrow starts the accommodation block. Some of that looks fiddle.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Well, the accommodation block has been less fun that I had hoped. Not bad, but a lot more fiddley. Where I am at this point will still require about 10 or so more parts. Wowser.

I have delved further into the rabbit hole and bought decals for the container blocks from White Ensin (part# D702). Yep, each one is individually applied, the good news is they do not have to be cut apart...Hooray for me.

Accommodation block. Still looking for masks for the windows online. . . . . :whistle:

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Got some primer on the floaty part

And for fun, with the accommodation block setting in place

Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Wow Lyle! Way to go on that big boy! Lookin' my-tee good. :shoutout:
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thank you, Gary. It has been a great kit . . . so far.

Return to “Work In Progress: Ships”