The Duke's Latest Finished Model

Here is the place to show off your completed ship products.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

The Duke's Latest Finished Model

Post by Duke Maddog »

After so many setbacks since February, I finally managed to finish something. This was a commission build for a friend and fellow Hobby Day attendee. He had acquired this model when cleaning out the apartment of a friend of his that had passed away. He brought it to me at a Hobby Day and asked me to build it for him. This past weekend he took delivery of this ship:

Now, before anyone says anything, I do know about the missing screws and shafts. Just so everyone knows; when I got the kit from my client, the box and bags inside had already been opened. As I continued to build this; I found out how many parts had gone missing before I ever got it. That includes the screws and shafts, as well as several other parts. My client knew parts would be missing from the kit, but as long as it could be finished and look like the Emden, he didn't care. He had also told me that he didn't want it rigged; which I have to honestly say, I was quite glad to hear! He was extremely pleased with this model and has even offered to bring me another one to build for him. I'll keep you posted on that. Until then, enjoy this model and thanks for looking in. Comments are welcome.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
jeaton01
Elite Member

Re: The Duke's Latest Finished Model

Post by jeaton01 »

Well done, Mark. It must have some kind of electrohydropneudraulic propulsion. Or something like that.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

jeaton01 wrote:Well done, Mark. It must have some kind of electrohydropneudraulic propulsion. Or something like that.
:that:
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: Well done, Mark!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Nice finish Mark. In spite of the missing screws and shafts, it looks quite nice. Gotta love those early 20th Century warship colors.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Always good to wrap one up and move on. She's a good looking ship, but I need Mr. Eaton to explain that propulsion system :hmm:
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Very nice Mark! :shoutout: :shoutout:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you guys for the awesome replies.

John Eaton, interesting idea, however I don't think they had that in WWI. :giggles:

Thank you Blacksheep!

Thank you Carlos! I agree, that's when ships were at their prettiest. I can still admire WWII battleships and cruisers too; they are beautiful in their own way, including the hitting power they have.

John, thank you. I agree about getting something wrapped up quick. Especially if it's a commission build. As for that propulsion system; I'm not fully versed on it, but it would take in water; electrically compress it and then shoot the compressed water out the rear, thus propelling the ship forward. Again., I probably have the wrong, but it's definitely a postwar invention!

Thanks Mike!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Excellent work Mark!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Very nice work Mark! :shoutout: