The Children of Doom

Or, The Shelf of Doom. Since most of us intend to finish these someday....well, you know.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: The Children of Doom

Post by BlackSheep214 »

tempestjohnny wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:25 am Giving Stuart a run for his money huh????
Ha! Carlos gunning for the top spot for King of the Hairy Stick!

Stuart finally got some competition! :giggles:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks guys!

TJ & Tom, yeah I wanted to try out Vallejo for such work, and I really like how they worked out here. No finesse needed... :lol: Best way to replicate a sloppy brush paint job is to do a small sloppy brush paint job. :giggles:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Sloppy paint job is my middle name!

That looks great Carlos!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Stuart.

And curse you for planting a bug about my Child of Doom SpitfIre Mk.VII... originally started in 2011 0r 2012... The world didn't end as some theorized due to the Maya calendar, but my work on this did...

After looking at this, and having some Margaritas with dinner, I decided to resume work... in between all my other projects.... photos to follow soon :whistle:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

So here we go... gonna have two Spits in progress now...

last night I added the upper wing surfaces and let them dry overnight

This morning I added the rudder, horizontal stabilizers, wing tips, ailerons, gun access panel covers,

I also built the oil coolers and landing gear to add later... next up is repairing the damage to the engine mount framework that I damaged while trying to fit the cowling panels and is probably why I sidelined this kit years ago...

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

While I wait for things to dry on my Academy Mk.XIVe Spit, I have also been working on this Child of Doom, and gotten it to the point where I have started to get paint on. I made up a custom mix of PRU Blue using Tamiya Medium Blue and Light Blue in an approx. 80/20 ratio.

I need to get the undersides masked off and then I can airbrush on the upper surfaces in Medium Sea Grey for the High Altitude scheme worn by most mk.VIIs.

more to come soon in the next few days...

FLSM
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

:popcorn:
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

tempestjohnny wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:37 pm :popcorn:
:wink:

Oh yeah, I found the GB on FSM where I started this thing... in November 2011... :whistle: and by the rules of the GB, I can still get the badge. The guy running it said "Take as long as you need to... " :giggles:

FLSM
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Would that be the Fleet Air Arm/RAF GB, Carlos? I really miss that one.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

No, this was the Spitfire GB, started in 2011, with a sign up date cut off of April 2012. I still have my incomplete Tamiya Sea Harrier from the Fleet Air Arm GB to finish one day… :headslap: Maybe in next year’s batch of Children of Doom… The never ending FAA/RAF GB was a fun one. Way more banter than actual model building going on there.

FLSM

Return to “Shelf of Someday”