1/35 Italeri Crusader III AA Tank12 hour build

Here is the place to show of your finished armor products.
mostrich
Admin

Re: 1/35 Italeri Crusader III AA Tank12 hour build

Post by mostrich »

Stikpusher wrote:Not bad for 12 hours ;)
That's an understatement and you know it. SPAM's hooligan of speed modeling strikes again.
Outstanding work, Carlos. I'm sure it will stand its ground next to your regular builds.
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Stikpusher wrote:So here it is, completed at roughly the 11 hours, 45 minutes point, my entry into the So Cal AMPS 12 hours build challenge. Many entered, only a few crossed the finish line….

Not bad for 12 hours ;)
Say what ? You mean 12 days, right ?! :wow:

Seriously, to finish something this outstanding, in just ~12 hrs, is amazing!
I wonder how you could accelerate the settling / drying process of the big star decal... Or have you painted it? :hmm:

Looking really good Carlos, tempting to try something similar speedbuild

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Duke Maddog wrote:Yes I do and it's mostly done. I just need to get metal barrels for mine since the kit ones are so thin and delicate that they bend if you look at them wrong. Mine are also slightly misshapen due to clean up efforts. Maybe someday.... :whiteflag:
Mark, metal barrels would just look killer on one of these is 1/72. Somebody has got to make some Oerlikon 20mm barrels in metal in 1/72… it’s such a common weapon.
mostrich wrote:
Stikpusher wrote:Not bad for 12 hours ;)
That's an understatement and you know it. SPAM's hooligan of speed modeling strikes again.
Outstanding work, Carlos. I'm sure it will stand its ground next to your regular builds.
Thank you Torben. Yeah, every now and then I can shake off my usual slow pace and go all out on a speed build. I don’t know how well this compares to a slow build recent completion on my shelves, but against my older stuff, it holds up well enough.
KSaarni wrote:Say what ? You mean 12 days, right ?! :wow:

Seriously, to finish something this outstanding, in just ~12 hrs, is amazing!
I wonder how you could accelerate the settling / drying process of the big star decal... Or have you painted it? :hmm:

Looking really good Carlos, tempting to try something similar speedbuild

- Kari
Thank you Kari. 12 days and this one would have the remaining flaws corrected. Decals,,, cough cough… :whistle: That turret top star decal was a three part item, and not quite co operative… but doses of Micro Set and Micro Sol did most of the trick, along with some touch up painting in white…
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

That's a superb looking build Carlos, very nice work!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thank you Stuart. It was certainly a good time doing this. :wink:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Darn inconvenient to build a turret with no good place for a star. What were they thinking!
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

That is so impressive Carlos! Well done indeed and that's no matter how many hours it took. Man, it takes me that long just to get started on a project! That is inspiring work sir. :bow:

John, I heard those white stars just made good targets. :wink: :grin:
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Yes Carlos, there is a company that makes 20mm barrels for this very tank in 1/72 scale. I've already seen a completed Crusader AA tank in 1/72 scale with the metal barrels. Now if I can get paid enough to find them before they disappear!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Completed Builds: Armor”