42nd Highland Infantry Regiment "Black Watch" at the Battle

Here is the place to show off the progress on your figurines and dioramas.
Stikpusher

Re: 42nd Highland Infantry Regiment "Black Watch" at the Bat

Post by Stikpusher »

Man those are turning out incredibly lifelike Ski. How many more figures do you have planned for this scene?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Those are marvelous pieces of work! Wow!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

You got any more of this kind of stuff lined up after this thread Steve? I really enjoy watching all of this come together. True artwork going on here man. :shoutout: :shoutout:
SteveSki
Advanced Member

Post by SteveSki »

Thanks, Gents!

There are three more Highlanders and two Frenchies left. What I'm really looking forward to is the ground work, been too long. Heck I just might get this dio done in less than a year, HA!

Cheers, Ski.

P.S. Joe, I'm at an impasse with a Heuy dio or more WWII Airborne figs, not sure yet. The Huey dio would require figure work, modification, to follow my photo from Ecuador 1986, Det 1 out of Howard AFB, Panama, the mini-gun system, etc. We had a group photo taken with all the weapons guys alongside the UH-1N. My old shop chief would really like to see that done before hell freezes over.
Give Blood, Play Rugby, cause everyone knows football is for wimps!

SteveSki
Advanced Member

Post by SteveSki »

Dual to the End!

Suffering from a mild case of “burnout” on this set I was finally able to complete this latest figure. This one has a lot of action not only in his pose, but that face, sheesh! He’s about the ugliest bugger in the group, but he seems to have the situation under control, lol.

He’s viewed here in the upright position, but within the scene he’s leaning over the French Coursier and it looks like a battle to the death. This is one of the more dynamic figures within Vladimir’s set and it looks like a difficult sculpt, regardless. I really appreciate this sculpt, it’s incredible in this scale and very impressive, to say the least.

Painting these figures have become routine, so if there’s anything you’re not sure of, check the posts above, they’re all there in more detail.

Image Image Image

Looking closely, it appears I have missed filling the gaps within the arm pit, oops! No worries, that will be handle mighty right quick. The bayonet scabbard must be painted and installed as well as a layer of Dull Coat within a few days to dull down the sheen. As mentioned before all weathering and blood splatters will be done when all the figures are completed.

Image Image Image

Well, I’m down to two more “tartan” lads, so hopefully before the snow flies I’ll have this beauty of a set completed. I fully expect to have the base started by mid-November. That will be fun for me, I always love doing ground work.

Thanks for watchin, comments are always welcome. If you see anything else I may have missed, please holler.

Cheers, Ski.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

It sure looks like he’s about to run someone thru with that sword. I still can’t get over how incredibly life like your paint work is on these guys. It’s like a classic painting springing into 3-D life.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Looking pretty life like. I'm interested in how you will create the blood splatter. Even more so the diorama once all your figures are done.
I'm assuming you have the enemies side finished.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
SteveSki
Advanced Member

Post by SteveSki »

Thanks, Stik.

One can get rather bug-eyed after a bit, working in such tight spaces, lol. Those are some very kind words you posted Stik, and that is my goal, to see if I can get the figures to stand up and walk away. Not there yet, but I'll keep working in that direction. My mentor as a kids back in the mid 70's could do just that, but I've got a ways to go.

Blacksheep, thanks, Man. The other side??????,.................are you loco? Ha! I think I'll stick to just this set :giggles: :giggles: Now, the blood splatter, that has to be learned, correct color effect, etc. I've got a bit of studying to do to obtain the correct blood tones. If you notice the set done by Julia Moshura, she has captured the correct blood tone, fresh, but not too red, very realistic. I've got my work cut out for myself on that portion.

Thanks for the kind words, Gents.

SteveSki
Advanced Member

Post by SteveSki »

Thanks, Stik.

One can get rather bug-eyed after a bit, working in such tight spaces, lol. Those are some very kind words you posted Stik, and that is my goal, to see if I can get the figures to stand up and walk away. Not there yet, but I'll keep working in that direction. My mentor as a kid back in the mid 70's could do just that, but I've got a ways to go.

Blacksheep, thanks, Man. The other side??????,.................are you loco? Ha! I think I'll stick to just this set :giggles: :giggles: Now, the blood splatter, that has to be learned, correct color effect, etc. I've got a bit of studying to do to obtain the correct blood tones. If you notice the set done by Julia Moshura, she has captured the correct blood tone, fresh, but not too red, very realistic. I've got my work cut out for myself on that portion.

Thanks for the kind words, Gents.

Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

This is just beautiful! The skin tones is perfect and the plad kilts are beautiful
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall

Return to “Work In Progress: Figures and Dios”