Testors 1/48 Curtis Racer

Highlighting the aircraft during the interwar period between WW 1 and WW 2. Military and civillian. There are some great and colorful subjects and a number of air racers. Tuild one, Build them all!

Runs from July 1, 2022 until December 31, 2022

Carlos Cisneros (Stikpusher) and/or John Eaton (jeaton01) are moderators of this one.
keavdog
Elite Member

Re: Testors 1/48 Curtis Racer

Post by keavdog »

Looks good Lyle.
Thanks,
John
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Stikpusher wrote:You can never go wrong with a Blackhawk :hmm: One of my favorite rides :wink:

A thought for future small bits like your missing windscreen… tape them to the instruction sheet for safekeeping until needed. Im sure that yours will turn up soon.
I was painting the frame ....
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Medicman71 wrote:
Stikpusher wrote:You can never go wrong with a Blackhawk :hmm: One of my favorite rides :wink:

A thought for future small bits like your missing windscreen… tape them to the instruction sheet for safekeeping until needed. Im sure that yours will turn up soon.
Too bad Kitty Hawk went under. Their Blackhawk/Seahawks were nice.
Yes, they were..so I’ve heard.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Well done, Lyle, on the Curtiss and the H-60.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thank you John. I’d rather have the windscreen, though!
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Great result Lyle! You did a really nice job on that old chestnut, congratulations (and aren't you glad you tackled this? :grin: )!

You may need to keep a lookout for some clear plastic packaging that might fill you need for that missing windscreen. You may find a blister pack-type package that is even close to the shape of the original windcreen. Hey, it could happen! :wink: Think something with a narrow, enclosed "end" that could be cut out and carefully trimmed to shape... :grin:
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

That's what I was thinking Gary. And the minute he gets it cut out and fixed to the model he will find the kit part :giggles:
Thanks,
John
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

That’s often my luck… :whistle:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Greg
Advanced Member
Location: Indiana - We're not just about corn fields (just mostly)

Post by Greg »

Very nice!

I too have never been brave enough to try a biplane, so good for you.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thanks guys!

As was said several times in Tommy Boy...”I have a plan”. And the reply was usually, “Yikes!”.

I have a racer on the way, so I’ll have a good windscreen to use for a pattern. These are good ideas that you have put forth.

Return to “Yellow Wings and Golden Era GB”