Dora Wings 1/48 Granville P-45B (Gee Bee with attitude)

Highlighting the aircraft during the interwar period between WW 1 and WW 2. Military and civillian. There are some great and colorful subjects and a number of air racers. Tuild one, Build them all!

Runs from July 1, 2022 until December 31, 2022

Carlos Cisneros (Stikpusher) and/or John Eaton (jeaton01) are moderators of this one.
LyleW
Admin

Dora Wings 1/48 Granville P-45B (Gee Bee with attitude)

Post by LyleW »

Okay the 1/32 Gee Bee isn't huge. I knew this one would be smaller but I just started laughing when I opened it. It is tiny. But first...

Arrived yesterday from the Ukraine - from the Plastic-Model-Store.com. Service was good and delivery wasn't bad at all. I had to sign for it when it arrived. Kind of unusual. But, given the current state of affairs in the Ukraine, maybe not so much. The kit arrived in a poofy kraft envelope. That got my attention. Upon opening, the box was "undone" and flattened and the sprues were inside a bubble wrap envelope of sorts. Well protected. So, I've reassembled the box and all rests comfortably therein.

Inside was a small flyer. Interesting to read.

Anyway, here are the contents. It has masks, resin (don't know why) and a PE fret...on something just over 4 inches long. I give you the KILLER BEE! 112mm long, 160mm wingspan, 56 parts, 20 PE parts.

resin stuff - cowling bump outs and gun barrels

decals

PE and paint mask (I think)

Sprues

and the clear sprue...one part

My plan (right) is to tackle this one after finishing the three racers. So, this should be started in 1-4 years.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
keavdog
Elite Member

Re: Dora Wings 1/48 Granville P-45B (Gee Bee with attitude)

Post by keavdog »

That flyer is hilarious. Great sense of humor.
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Very heartfelt emotion on the Pocky flyer. But a 1-4 year ETA on this build Lyle? You sound like me… :giggles:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

yeah....there is also the B-10 in there somewhere. Paint is on order from Poland.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

That's 1/48? Quite a difference between that and the ex-Hawk Testors release, eh? Good luck Lyle! :grin:
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Probably gonna need it!
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Kudos to you for ordering stuff from the Ukraine Lyle, that's awesome - and I love that flyer.

Loving the look of this kit, what a superb idea for a whiffer.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Loved the flyer. That’s a cool subject, Lyle! I wanna see that one built. :lashed:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

That flyer is a scream! Glad to see those guys are coping so well and laughing things off. Makes me want to order something from that store.

If only I had the funds to do so.

Lyle, you need to step it up. I would love to see that started, even though I think it is quite an ugly plane! Love the markings though.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Stuart wrote:Kudos to you for ordering stuff from the Ukraine Lyle, that's awesome - and I love that flyer.

Loving the look of this kit, what a superb idea for a whiffer.
This is the third item I’ve ordered recently. All had superb service and delivery times.

Return to “Yellow Wings and Golden Era GB”