My corner in the bedroom, and the stash.

Show us where you work and what kits you have.
-Latest Acquisitions
Stikpusher

Re: My corner in the bedroom, and the stash.

Post by Stikpusher »

BlackSheep214 wrote:It's funny you got kits to build the "Planes of Niagara."

I was going to start one as the "Aircrafts of Griffiss AFB." :giggles: :lashed:

I already have the B-52 Stratofortress with Griffiss markings. Just got to find/collect more from their history right up to the base closure. The Delta Dart is high on my list. :lashed:
Yeah, I have a couple of planned project groups like that myself. One is for the 23rd Fighter Group/TFW, since that was my son’s first unit assignment. Shark mouths on P-40s to A-10s and all sorts in between. Also, now that I live near Luke AFB, I’d like to do many of the types that were stationed there.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Funny. I'd like to do the history of the 149th FW in San Antonio. But in the grand scheme of things, I'd just like to do any aircraft from Texas.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
keyda81
Advanced Member

Post by keyda81 »

Thanks guys! My little quiet(well sometimes)corner in the house. I don't spend a whole lot of time there in summer, well really none at all. Seems I'm more of a Fall/Winter time builder. The first thing that will come off that bench is likely going to be a commission build of another "Mini Whiskey 7". I have one of the volunteers who has been bugging me for practically three years to build him one, and I finally caved. Problem is he thinks I'll build him a B-17, and the D-Day version of W7. Which isn't the case. I got 80 hours into the D-Day version, and unless he wants to pay me like 800 bucks I'm not doing it, lol. I do miss being at the bench, it will be time soon enough to get back to it. I have several projects in mind, just not sure what I'm going to tackle over the winter yet.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Good idea. If he wants a B-17 in 1/48 scale, ask for $1200. There's a lot to do on a B-17 that size!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Heh... or $3000 for a 1/32 scale B-17 kit :whistle:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
keyda81
Advanced Member

Post by keyda81 »

Duke Maddog wrote:Good idea. If he wants a B-17 in 1/48 scale, ask for $1200. There's a lot to do on a B-17 that size!
I know, that is why I don't want to do it, lol. I built a mini of the B-17 "Movie Memphis Belle" a few years ago. It was at the museum I volunteer for. They were leasing it from the Tallichet family. My daughter and myself got to take a flight up front in the nose. I landed up using a combination of Revell's F model, and Monogram's G model to get the thing done. I didn't care much for the F model kit, as it barely had any interior detail at all.

It was a long, section, but section build. I had all the PE for it, tons of reference pictures to go through, and I do not plan on doing it again, lol.
keyda81
Advanced Member

Post by keyda81 »

BlackSheep214 wrote:Heh... or $3000 for a 1/32 scale B-17 kit :whistle:
That would be one big B-17. I'd LOVE to do a C-47 in that size. I just can not bring myself to spend that much money on a kit though, even if I did have it, lol.

Return to “Your Work Bench and Stash”