Luke Field/AFB

To discuss future builds, build planning for the future, time travel, etc. Our meeting next week was well attended.
Stuart
Elite Member

Re: Luke Field/AFB

Post by Stuart »

Excellent idea Carlos.

I like all of these building theme idea's - I should probably build another Albanian Mig before too long.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Stuart. And yes, you need to get back on your Albanian Air Force project.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

I do a nice new shiny Mig-17 in the stash.. :lashed:
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Well then… what are you waiting for? :lashed:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Stikpusher wrote:
jeaton01 wrote:You're going to need a SPAD XIII, Carlos...
:giggles:

I think that those had been phased out by 1941… :hmm: Although I could build Frank Luke’s SPAD, who the base is named after…
You definitely need to build that! It would be the ideal centerpiece for a half round display of all Luke Aircraft, maybe with the Thunderbird planes flanking it set back a little

I haven't found any "set" that I want to do bad enough to try and build it. I have several armor sets where I have the beginning vehicle all the way through to the final variant of the same type. That's about as close as I get to having a 'set' like these.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Mark, I like how IPMS does “collection” themed entries at the Nats. An AFB/MCAS/CAW theme might be another such entrant idea for such contests. It’s too bad that the smaller local contests such as Modelzona tend to skip this entry category. Just like our Patton GB would be another such type for entry when one depicts the whole family line of a particular subject. I vaguely remember Leigh Eaton doing a Spitfire family collection under such a theme. Or Sean Fallesen and his ship groupings such as the Pearl Harbor December 7th battleships.

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I agree Carlos. It would be great to have such a category but with so few actually doing =said collections, it's tough. Did you see Sean Fallesen's Essex class aircraft carrier collection? Thirty Essex class carriers, the entire class done by him. Wow, was that something!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

I have done a pretty good collection of early jets in 1/48. I plan on doing a Vampire next in this series, using the Alley Cat FR Mk.1 kit. I'd like to do an early F-84 but I'm not sure about that because the fuselage is shorter than any available kit. The Yak 15 and 23 are also in the stash.

Heinkel 178
Gloster E28.39 Squirt
He 280 V1
Meteor F.1 Prototype
Me 262 V7
Fieseler V-1
Meteor F.3
Bell XP-59A
Lockheed P-80A-1
Nakajima Kikka
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

I've thought about doing Miramar since I lived next door for 40 years and already have the Osprey done :) Fun mix of Navy/Marine fixed wing and rotary.
Thanks,
John
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Duke Maddog wrote:I agree Carlos. It would be great to have such a category but with so few actually doing =said collections, it's tough. Did you see Sean Fallesen's Essex class aircraft carrier collection? Thirty Essex class carriers, the entire class done by him. Wow, was that something!
Mark, I’ve seen a photo of all his Essex Class carriers together, but never in person. I can only imagine how impressive that was.
jeaton01 wrote:I have done a pretty good collection of early jets in 1/48. I plan on doing a Vampire next in this series, using the Alley Cat FR Mk.1 kit. I'd like to do an early F-84 but I'm not sure about that because the fuselage is shorter than any available kit. The Yak 15 and 23 are also in the stash.

Heinkel 178
Gloster E28.39 Squirt
He 280 V1
Meteor F.1 Prototype
Me 262 V7
Fieseler V-1
Meteor F.3
Bell XP-59A
Lockheed P-80A-1
Nakajima Kikka
John that is a great theme collection! You need to find something to do that early F-84. Maybe add a McDonnell FH and North American FJ in there too… if you don’t have them already…
keavdog wrote:I've thought about doing Miramar since I lived next door for 40 years and already have the Osprey done :) Fun mix of Navy/Marine fixed wing and rotary.
John, Miramar would be quite a collection with its history of MCAS, then NAS/Top Gun, then back to MCAS. A large chunk of USN/USMC types, fixed and rotary wing from WWII to today, plus Aggressors.

FLSM

Return to “Future Builds”