AVG Hawk 81 A2 (P-40)

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Stikpusher

Re: AVG Hawk 81 A2 (P-40)

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks guys. The Model Air airbrushes wonderfully. More progress will be next week… I have a busy weekend ahead.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

You have to tell me your secret then. I hate spraying Vallejo Model Air cause it always comes out looking like rubber paint.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Honestly the stuff is pretty much trouble free airbrushing for me. I have the pressure set at around 25 psi, add it to my airbrush cup in my Badger 105 Patriot after thorough mixing, and spray. Nothing more, nothing less.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Looking good Carlos!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Stuart. So far, so good on this old shelf queen.

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I’ve been plucking away at this one too. Just had the usuall holiday interruptions to slow me down. I went back and touched up the paint, enlarging the green areas. I really do like using the Vallejo Model Air paints due to their no fuss. At least minimal fuss in my experience anyways. One thing that I did have to go back and do afterwards though was paint the red squadron stripe around the rear fuselage, as I did not realize that there was no decal on the sheet I’m using for that. It would have been much easier for me to paint that area red first then mask off the stripe before the camouflage paint afterwards. Anyways no big deal doing it afterwards. I also gave this a nice coat of Tamiya Gloss getting her all ready for decals.

Decals will be applied tomorrow. With a little luck and no interruptions, I should hopefully have this across the finish line before New Years strikes.

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Brandons_Iron
Advanced Member

Post by Brandons_Iron »

Great looking build. Such and iconic plane in AVG markings. I put a ton of money and about 100 hours in mine and I won't be doing another. I'll just torture myself with another kit. Nothing against this one, but now that Airfix has theirs out I have no desire to build another old Monogram like this or the Corsair. Looking forward to the reveal.
BrandonK

If you can't fix it with duct tape, you're not using enough duct tape.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Brandon. I have another one of these to build, and am planning to correct the shortcomings of this kit. I like the raised rivet detail as it is mostly correct. But yeah, the newer Airfix P-40B/C kit in my stash is superior in most every other way.

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

So here it is, with a few hours to spare in 2022, all finished up, from the shelf of doom to the display shelf. Not my best work, but not bad, and sure better than languishing partially built for years and years.

I’ll get a proper multi view batch of photos up in a day or two.

FLSM

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”