OIF 20th Anniversary GB Feeler

Organize a group build and see who is wanting to participate here.
Stikpusher

OIF 20th Anniversary GB Feeler

Post by Stikpusher »

Last night I was looking at stuff of somewhere I had been online, and I came to the realization that Operation Iraqi Freedom began 20 years ago, in March of next year. Although I personally never deployed to Iraq, that war had a cascading effect upon many who did not go there, including myself. It’s after effects are still being felt today around the world.
In commemoration of that beginning, would anybody here be interested in a Group Build of subjects related to that war- land, air, or sea?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Re: OIF 20th Anniversary GB Feeler

Post by Medicman71 »

Oh yeah! That's all in my wheelhouse. I've got plenty of kits for that.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Well, with me that makes two so far… :giggles:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Does it have to be very specific? Like does the squadron have to be one that was flying in the fight?
Mike

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

That’s the intent… but not strictly for OIF 1. The subject can be from 2003 until 2011, when forces were withdrawn. I think just about every unit in the regular armed forces and most of the reserves had rotated thru there in those 8 years.

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

:hmm: That'll be hard to figure out.
Mike

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I can look up a squadron if you’d like. I have several sites bookmarked that cover such information.

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

If I could do an Operation Telic subject I'd be interested - not 100% sure what subject, maybe a Harrier GR.9
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Hmmm.... intriguing. I probably do a Tornado since it’s been a long time since I last built one. Gives me another model kit to find dirt cheap at the upcoming Syrcon 34 come October 16th :whistle:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Stuart wrote:If I could do an Operation Telic subject I'd be interested - not 100% sure what subject, maybe a Harrier GR.9
Stuart, yes any Operation Telic subject kit will be fine for the GB
BlackSheep214 wrote:Hmmm.... intriguing. I probably do a Tornado since it’s been a long time since I last built one. Gives me another model kit to find dirt cheap at the upcoming Syrcon 34 come October 16th :whistle:
Tom, I believe it was the GR.4 version that was used in OIF/Telic.

FLSM

Return to “Group Build Feeler”