OIF 20th Anniversary GB Feeler

Organize a group build and see who is wanting to participate here.
Stikpusher

Re: OIF 20th Anniversary GB Feeler

Post by Stikpusher »

Stikpusher wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:16 pm Oh it’s gonna happen. Start date/time midnight local to each of you March 19/March 20, since hostilities commenced that night in 2003.
Ok, one week to go for this GB to kick off. Do we still have folks who will partake?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Yep! Gotta move some stuff across the finish line before I can get the Stryker back out.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Stikpusher wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:21 pm I can look up a squadron if you’d like. I have several sites bookmarked that cover such information.
Hi Carlos,

I'm still up for this although it's going to have to be from the stash - the trouble I'm having is finding a list of specific squadrons that operated specific aircraft.

In the stash I have an F-16B, F-16CJ, A-10A, F-111E, F-14A, F-15C, F-15A/B, MH-53J and probably a few other things I've forgotten.

Cheers!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Of the types you have listed, some were retired amd others on their last days when OIF started. The F-15A/B, F-16B were pretty much only stateside with reserve and Air Guard units by 2003. The F-111E had long been retired almost 10 years. I’m pretty sure that all F-14As had been retired or rebuilt into F-14Bs and F-14Ds by the time of OIF. The A-10A, F-15C are sure things, as is the F-16CJ. The MH-53J flew its final combat missions in Iraq.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Sounds like the R-11 fuel truck would fit right in here.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Well crap... didn't find a single subject for this group build yet. :headbang:

I guess I've been too involved on other things instead. I'll see what I can find. Perhaps either a Harrier or F-15 Eagle.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Stikpusher wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:40 pm
Stuart wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:45 pm

Hi Carlos,

I'm still up for this although it's going to have to be from the stash - the trouble I'm having is finding a list of specific squadrons that operated specific aircraft.

In the stash I have an F-16B, F-16CJ, A-10A, F-111E, F-14A, F-15C, F-15A/B, MH-53J and probably a few other things I've forgotten.

Cheers!
Of the types you have listed, some were retired amd others on their last days when OIF started. The F-15A/B, F-16B were pretty much only stateside with reserve and Air Guard units by 2003. The F-111E had long been retired almost 10 years. I’m pretty sure that all F-14As had been retired or rebuilt into F-14Bs and F-14Ds by the time of OIF. The A-10A, F-15C are sure things, as is the F-16CJ. The MH-53J flew its final combat missions in Iraq.
I'd say I'll probably go for the F-16CJ or the A-10A. I just need to see if the markings I have are for units that actually served in Iraq Freedom.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I’m willing to bet that most squadrons equipped with those types rotated thru Iraq at some point during the full series of OIF iterations between 2003 and 2011.

The A-10 force is comparatively small and was fully engaged between Iraq and Afghanistan, aside from those in Korea.

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

That's what I was thinking Carlos - I would imagine the CJ force is quite small as well. :hmm: I'll have a think about the two, the Tamiya F-16 is a stunning kit, but the Italeri A-10 does look very nice as well.

Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

This'll be my build.

A Tamiya kit will make a nice break from all these oldies I keep building! I might try and source some other decals.

Return to “Group Build Feeler”