Tamiya 1/48 F2A2 USN VF-2

Post your completed aircraft here.
Stikpusher

Re: Tamiya 1/48 F2A2 USN VF-2

Post by Stikpusher »

Tom & John, thank you. I didn’t think it would would win when I took it to the meeting, but after seeing all of the other “between the wars” builds entered and on the table that evening, I began to think that it just might be a contender. :hmm: I was most pleasantly surprised to hear my name called out for the win!

Stuart, thank you. For the wash I used Mig Ammo deep gray panel line wash in all the recessed details. And yes, you sure do need a Buffalo for your RAF collection. They did play a substantial role in the doomed defense of Singapore and Burma during the start of the war in south east Asia
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

She is a real beauty! Congrats on the win!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thank you Lyle! Sometimes we get lucky!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Beautiful work, Carlos. The colors are quite striking and look indistinguishable from era photos. The silver dope is impressive on the fuselage, and the yellow is super!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thank you Bruce! I did my best to match the actual color photos of that era. The calm before the coming storm, so to speak.

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Stikpusher wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:34 pm Stuart, thank you. For the wash I used Mig Ammo deep gray panel line wash in all the recessed details. And yes, you sure do need a Buffalo for your RAF collection. They did play a substantial role in the doomed defense of Singapore and Burma during the start of the war in south east Asia
That was worked really well. I have some Ammo washes but still learning how to get the best out of them.

I'd really like a Buffalo. I'm rather interested in early war RAF aircraft and, as you said, they pla an important part in the shambles that was our far eastern defence.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Dissimilar layers work great for the Ammo washes. I used Tamiya gloss clear, which is an acrylic, to seal in the decals and base paint colors before I used the Ammo wash, which is an enamel. Very easy to use and clean up.

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

This has been a remarkable journey getting here and I'm thrilled to see the finished plane. This is even more outstanding than I expected! Way to go and congrats on the win!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

1st place. Excellent. Definitely worthy of that
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Mark & TJ, thank you!

Mark, you and me both on better than expected. There’s what we hope/aim for, how it looks during the process, and how it finally turns out. :headslap:

TJ, it all depends on who and what shows up for competition. Sometimes you think you have it nailed, and you don’t even place, and others you think you’re in play for placing and you get the top spot. :shocked:

FLSM

Return to “Completed Builds”