The Duke Finishes Two in October

Here is the place to show of your finished armor products.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

The Duke Finishes Two in October

Post by Duke Maddog »

Yes, I know it's November, but these got finished last month right about in the middle of the month. I didn't get to post until now due to all kinds of things getting piled on. Anyway, here they are:

These are two Light Armored Vehicles that were in a kit by Fujimi. These two are Japanese Air Self Defense Force vehicles, used mostly for reconnaissance of airfield perimeters and patrolling. Anyway, they got done, so I built one with the roof closed and machine gun stowed and the other one opened:

I tried to lightly dust these as I didn't want them to look like they'd been in the field but patrolling around the perimeter.

These next two are a little more heavily weathered as they've been in the field working on practicing artillery support. These are two JGSDF Light Artillery Tractors with 120mm Mortars. I built one limbered for transport, and the other deployed for firing:

I apologize for the poor quality of those pics; apparently the white background messed with my camera.

Stay tuned, there's more to come this month now.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Re: The Duke Finishes Two in October

Post by Stikpusher »

:shoutout: Nice work Mark! They look pretty good. From what I remember, the Japanese keep their vehicles looking pretty clean whenever possible.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Stikpusher wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:12 pm :shoutout: Nice work Mark! They look pretty good. From what I remember, the Japanese keep their vehicles looking pretty clean whenever possible.
Yep. I’d concur!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Nice builds! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you Carlos and Lyle! I agree with you and Lyle, all my research has shown this. I did over do it on the mortar carriers a bit, but they just arrived back from a fire support training exercise in the field.

Thank you Blacksheep!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Very nice! :shoutout: :shoutout:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you Mike!

I just realized, these are four new models, not two. :bag:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

A bit late but nice work Mark!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you Stuart! I'm always surprised when someone digs down to look at my threads and comments on them!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

I'm a bit like British Rail, I maybe late but I'll get there eventually!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/

Return to “Completed Builds: Armor”