Heller 1/48 Etendard IV M

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: Heller 1/48 Etendard IV M

Post by Duke Maddog »

Magnificent work Carlos! That is amazing! I can never get my washes to look like that on my aircraft so I stopped doing it.

By the way, Mig and Ammo are the same. Mig makes Ammo. That could be AK Interactive, but I have an old set of sludge washes by someone else; can't remember the name offhand.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Brandon & Mark, thank you.

One of these days I’ll have a look see as for who makes the wash. I’ll need to get a new bottle in a few more projects. I am surprised at how well the panel lines that weren’t sanded turned out. Under primer and paint they look good.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Love the paint scheme, Carlos!
John aka JKim
-----------<><
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks John. That’s the scheme that was worn in the mid 80’s before they went to the darker toned down low vis scheme. I thought that it was more attractive than the older or newer schemes.

Well I finally dragged this one across the finish line yesterday and got all the last bits painted and glued in place.

I’ll get a multi view post up in a day or two.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Well done Carlos! She turned out very nice.
Thanks,
John
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Beautifully done!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Brandons_Iron
Advanced Member

Post by Brandons_Iron »

Wow! Gorgeous build. That is one to be very proud of. :shoutout: :bow:
BrandonK

If you can't fix it with duct tape, you're not using enough duct tape.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

John, Lyle, and Brandon, thank you for your kind comments. This one really fought me at the end, but turned out good enough. it has lots of little flaws, but from a viewing distance of two or more feet away will look perfectly fine on my shelf. :whistle:

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Man that's an awesome build Stik! Great work!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Duke Maddog wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:03 pm Magnificent work Carlos! That is amazing! I can never get my washes to look like that on my aircraft so I stopped doing it.

By the way, Mig and Ammo are the same. Mig makes Ammo. That could be AK Interactive, but I have an old set of sludge washes by someone else; can't remember the name offhand.
Actually not true. Mig was stolen from the guy Mig Jimenez. He started another company called Ammo of Mig that is currently one of the big weathering companies along with AK Interactive.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”