Car accident!!!¡

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: Car accident!!!¡

Post by Duke Maddog »

Glad to hear things are getting better. Having all that time off sounds like an ideal opportunity to marathon some models!

Meanwhile, take care and have a great Christmas. Savor every moment with family!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
SteveSki
Advanced Member

Post by SteveSki »

Man, I hate to sound like the ney sayer here, or sound insensitive to your situation, but what might the neurologist have to do with your ribs, did I miss something? If you've got back issues compounding this rib issue, yes, of course, but I must have missed some details, my bad.

I cracked a few ribs back in 2018, did a back flip off a slippery set of steps, but wore my body armor, like I mentioned to you in the PM, worked like a charm. Tight, comfy, but no coughing or laughing permitted. Within two weeks I was back at the Rugby Field, workin the line. Ya, still had residual pain, for sure, but I wasn't hindered by Docs wanting to extend my status. I might be missing a bit here, but if you're feeling better, kick em off, get back to Ruckin On.

Unless you've got an anal-retentive boss, or insurance is balking, personally I would go back to work. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Give Blood, Play Rugby, cause everyone knows football is for wimps!

keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

He got into a car accident because he blacked out.
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Steve. Because I blacked out which caused me to crash. The docs had to rule out any heart issues. Reason for the stress test this week coming. My cardiologist has pretty much ruled out any issues but this test is a formality. The consensus is my blood pressure medicine was the cause. Per Florida law you have to be cleared by a neurologist before returning to driving status. Again a formality.

I asked my docs about body armor. Because I had so many broken ribs 7 all on one side. The armor would actually cause me more discomfort. So I just had to heal

Physically I'm right there. Its been 5 weeks. The only pain I feel now is an occasional "grab" under my right armpit. And I still can't sleep on my side or front yet.
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

John, merry christmas to you and your family. I wish you a speedy recovery and holidays free of pain.
We're glad to still have you around us!
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
Greg
Advanced Member
Location: Indiana - We're not just about corn fields (just mostly)

Post by Greg »

Don't know how I managed to not see this (for a month), and I'm sorry for that.

Best wishes for a complete recovery, TJ. Sorry the accident had to happen, but so glad you are fundamentally ok.
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Update
Went to cardiologist last week. All normal.
This Thursday is my neurologist appointment. Hopefully back at work Friday. I'm going crazy. I love my wife but spending this much time with her without being able to get away :bored: and she works from home.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Good news, indeed...and understandable!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

tempestjohnny wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:06 am Update
Went to cardiologist last week. All normal.
This Thursday is my neurologist appointment. Hopefully back at work Friday. I'm going crazy. I love my wife but spending this much time with her without being able to get away :bored: and she works from home.
That’s why we have “man caves”… :wink:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

That good news!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/

Return to “Free Discussion”