The Duke's Shipyards Launches another Ship in November

Here is the place to show off your completed ship products.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

The Duke's Shipyards Launches another Ship in November

Post by Duke Maddog »

After some time, my shipyards have launched another ship. This one is the Trumpeter 1/700 scale Italian RN Vittorio Venetto battleship:

My apologies for the blue tint here. Apparently the background helped blue this out.

This is is just in time for my club's theme for this month: Axis warships of WWII.

Thank you for looking in, comments are welcome.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Re: The Duke's Shipyards Launches another Ship in November

Post by Stikpusher »

Beautiful build Mark! Even the name sounds as cool as she looks! You have a contender there with this one for this month at IPMS! You didn’t go with the red & white striped bow deck air ID markings on her?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Looks great Mark. I'm not a ship builder but I have a 1/700 kit in the stash (HMS Glowworm) and I hope I get close to what you've done here.
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Awesome work Mark! :shoutout: :shoutout:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you guys! I appreciate this so much!

Thank you Carlos! Yes, she is a beautiful ship; the first Italian ship in my collection. They sure built them pretty back then! I do hope it is a contender, but then I'm up against Sean Fallesen so.....

No, there's no red and white stripes on this one. Her sister Roma had them, and I have that in my stash somewhere too. Sean even gave me masks to paint the red and white stripes.

Thank you John! I'm sure with your skills you might even surpass me!

Thank you Mike!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yeah… competing against Sean. :headslap:

Tough crowd, tough crowd…

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Completed Builds: Ships”