New B-26 for 2023

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
LyleW
Admin

Re: New B-26 for 2023

Post by LyleW »

Stikpusher wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:27 am AMT also released a 1/48 Marauder around the same time as Monogram’s in the 70’s. According to reviews, the exterior was good, but it had the typical spartan AMT interior of their aircraft models. I would not mind finding one of those and giving it a shot, seeing how there is not much to see inside on the B-26 in usual configuration.
75-100 bucks on Ebay! They have several...
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Stikpusher wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:27 am AMT also released a 1/48 Marauder around the same time as Monogram’s in the 70’s. According to reviews, the exterior was good, but it had the typical spartan AMT interior of their aircraft models. I would not mind finding one of those and giving it a shot, seeing how there is not much to see inside on the B-26 in usual configuration.
I have the AMT kit and as I remember it looks nice in the box. A source for the cockpit would be the resin one that came with a special edition of the Monogram B-26, or use the plastic from the Monogram kit in the AMT kit. It's probably a toss up as to which might be the easier build but I wouldn't pay big bucks to get the AMT kit. If anyone is dying for the Monogram kit I could spare one.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Maybe around 2 will find the molds and reissue the kit. They have done several of the contemporary AMT releases such as the Tempest, Corsair, Meteor, and such. :hmm: But eBay prices have gotten ridiculous over the past few years. :nono:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Modeling Discussion”