1/32 Kittyhawk OS2U Kingfisher

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
jkim
Elite Member

Re: 1/32 Kittyhawk OS2U Kingfisher

Post by jkim »

Great start and an interesting comparison with the 1/48 scale Kingfisher builds! Looking at the cockpit and gunner's stations, there is not much fuselage beyond... it look like a very slender airframe.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Why I haven't commented on this one just yet is a complete frickin' mystery!! The details that are in the OOB as well as what you're throwin' at it are nothing short of spectacular. Beautiful build up so far in every way. Will be watching for more. :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

It’s sure giving me ideas on how to dress up my Monogram Kingfisher when I get to building that one day… :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Ya, I'm eyeballing a Hi-Tech factory sealed for $30.00. :hmm:
Thanks,
John
Brandons_Iron
Advanced Member

Post by Brandons_Iron »

That's the kit I used for both my OS2U's.
They both came out super, but I put a ton of work into both. The kit is pretty sparse for details. Looking forward to seeing yours come to life. You got a great set of upgrades available now that I didn't.
BrandonK

If you can't fix it with duct tape, you're not using enough duct tape.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Brandon this is more than magnificent! I feel like I could climb into that and start flipping switches and such!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Brandons_Iron
Advanced Member

Post by Brandons_Iron »

Thank you. Those two have tons of AM in them. The Monogram kits by themselves are quite sparse. Both have either CMK or Aires cockpits, resin engines and some PE and the float is from Lone Star Models. I still have one float left. Not sure I want to put another 100 or so hours into one of those old kits.
BrandonK

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Brandon, those are two outstanding Yellow Wing beauties!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Brandons_Iron
Advanced Member

Post by Brandons_Iron »

I've been working along, slowly on this one. I've masked the canopies and glued them on for painting. The rudder and horizontal stabilizers are now attached and the wings are mostly done. I still have a small gap at the leading edge to clean up, but otherwise they are ready to go on. She's starting to look like a kingfisher. I actually feel like I'm making progress now. I'll work on this another day or two and then set it aside for a bit to focus on other builds for a spell. Happy building.

BrandonK

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Coming along very nicely!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”