small suggestion

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
LyleW
Admin

small suggestion

Post by LyleW »

Would you guys that still frequent "the other side" mind putting our link:

https://www.spamodeler.com/forum/index.php

in your signature? Might attract some more folks if they see it enough to get curious.

Thanks.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
keavdog
Elite Member

Re: small suggestion

Post by keavdog »

I don't mind, but when you open the flood gates you get the prize fish along with the garbage. Now that messaging is working over there perhaps we do a bit more selective fishing? :hmm: I'll go with the consensus - just a bit protective of what we have here :ballbat:
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

A good point. I wasn't aware that messaging is back up over there. We have always welcomed anyone....as long as they follow the guidelines. There have been three or four that have been whacked and are taking a dirt nap. I think either method is okay.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Brandons_Iron
Advanced Member

Post by Brandons_Iron »

I am actively recruiting members that I like and get along with. Those that I'm on the fence about or just don't know I don't say anything. I don't trust the PMs even though they work again. Kinda paranoid that having the link in your sig may get you banned for advertising, which is not allowed.
BrandonK

If you can't fix it with duct tape, you're not using enough duct tape.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Well, so far the link in the signature has not gotten me banned nor a coupleof others. I may be invisible to them, though.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Lol! Lyle, maybe if you told your corn joke, they’d take notice of you there. :wink: I’ve already recruited one recently, and have my eye on another to bring in to the asylum. But I do prefer the PM approach myself.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

If I was allowed on the other side I would :giggles:
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yeah, you’ve been banished here to “the upside down” along with Tom… :tease:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I'm still over there but I haven't logged in in so many years now. I don't even know who I could bring in anymore.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Stikpusher wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:47 pm Yeah, you’ve been banished here to “the upside down” along with Tom… :tease:

And you make it sound like it’s a bad thing. ROFL!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn

Return to “Free Discussion”