Brandons lackluster 2022

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Brandons_Iron
Advanced Member

Brandons lackluster 2022

Post by Brandons_Iron »

I had a goal of 12 builds, got 6.90 done. Better than nothing. I have 14 planned for 2023, fingers crossed.

First one up is a '29 Ford Highboy. My youngest left home this spring and wanted this built for him so he could take it with him. Pleased how it came out.
Next up was the Tamiya Sea Harrier. Terrible kit, the worst in Tamiya lineup. Never build this kit. I fully re-scribed the kit to give it some detail. Decent 10 footer.
Third one done is a Revell '70 Boss 429. This is an older build I dipped in brake fluid for a month and then fully redid the whole kit to my current standards. Very happy with it now.
Fourth finished was a Hasegawa 1/48 D3A1 Val. I painted all the markings except the placard on the rear fuselage. I wanted to weather this one up more but all the work masking just made me feel bad to beat it up. SO I left it kinda clean.
Fifth kit complete is the 1/12 Bandai Mandolorian. Love this kit. Very happy with it. It it fully painted, no decals or casting colors.
Final kit to be completed is the 1/48 Modelcraft Cessna 172 float plane. I built this for Art Waugh, aka Goldhammer after his passing. It is the kit he entered my Floats and Boats GB with. Hope he likes it.
Thanks for looking
BrandonK

If you can't fix it with duct tape, you're not using enough duct tape.
LyleW
Admin

Re: Brandons lackluster 2022

Post by LyleW »

Nice collection of builds. They look great.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Very nice set!

And I was about to plan to get the Tamiya Harrier… :hmm:

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Brandon, those are some gorgeous builds. I sure as hell would not call your 2022 work lackluster at all. And you are oh so right about that Tamiya Sea Harrier. Mine has need sitting stalled for years. Kudos to you for making it look that good.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Brandons_Iron
Advanced Member

Post by Brandons_Iron »

Thanks gents. Appreciate the kind words.

Ya, the Tamiya Sea Harrier is incredibly bad. I was stunned the whole time I worked on it. I found that all the AM stuff is listed for all the other makers and nothing for Tamiya, and it needs AM BADLY. Even the old Monogram kit is superior, and that is saying something. If you want a Harrier, get just about any other brand and it will be a million miles better.
BrandonK

If you can't fix it with duct tape, you're not using enough duct tape.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Lackluster? Hardly. Those are great builds.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Brandon, I agree with Carlos. These are far from lackluster, these are very masterful work! Amazing job; even though you didn't make your quantity goal, you far surpassed my quality overall!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Looks like good production to me, Brandon. I too have one of those Sea Harriers. Fuggetaboutit!
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

I note that the Harrier's main wheels sit just shy of the ground, just like the Monogram kit. Is that just a coincidence? Those are some really good models and not a bad run for the year. :shoutout: I didn't finish anything. :sad: :grin:
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

A superb set of builds if you ask me, and the SHAR looks great. Loving that little Cessna.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/

Return to “Member's Gallery”