Best 1/35 Pershing tank kit?

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
LyleW
Admin

Best 1/35 Pershing tank kit?

Post by LyleW »

Is, ......
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stuart
Elite Member

Re: Best 1/35 Pershing tank kit?

Post by Stuart »

The one you have in the stash.... :drum:

:nothing:
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Therein lies the problem! I haveth none.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

LyleW wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:19 am
Stuart wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:16 am The one you have in the stash.... :drum:

Therein lies the problem! I haveth none.
Excuses excuses :tongue:
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

As far as I know it breaks down into three choices: Dragon, Tamiya, and Hobbyboss. Each one makes specific sub variants. Dragon makes the initial T26E3 and late M26A1. Tamiya makes the standard M26, although with the decals, for the WWII tank options those need a few backdate mods to T26 E3 configuration. Hobbyboss makes a late M26, a few one off Super Pershings, and a M26A1. So basically it boils down to which era you are looking to model… WW2, post war, or Korea. I’ve built the two Dragon kits, and they are nice, but get ready for tedium with the indy link tracks. I have the Tamiya kit in my stash, and it looks like a gem, but have yet to build it to conform that. I would like to see how the Hobbyboss kits build, as I have my eye on a coup,e of the Super Pershings, and possibly their late M26 as well.

Here are my Dragon Pershing/Patton kits, left to right: T26E3, M26A1, M46

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

For some reason, I want to do the early one (Spearhead), so I guess it is mr. Dragon. I guess it grabbing me because of my Dad. I so much, wish I knew more about him and what he was involved in.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

You can’t go wrong with Tamiya since most of their armor kits go together like a dream.

A side note: I’ve already made up my mind on doing the Spearhead Pershing by getting the Tamiya Pershing kit.

Scalehobbyist has them when you add it to cart showing reduced price. The only thing I would change with the Tamiya Pershing is get a set of better track links. I’ve always hated those vinyl tracks Tamiya puts in their armor kits.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Stuart wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:16 am The one you have in the stash.... :drum:

ROFL!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I now have the Tamiya kit. Made a somewhat rare trip to the favorite LHS....even got a 10% old dude discount.

As well as some storage, but it is “modern”. May use it or keep it

And some paint

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

There are a few changes that you’ll need to make to the Tamiya kit to make one of the initial T26E3 versions like the Spearhead tank. Nothing major, but if you build it OOB, it has some of the later features that were not yet on the tanks.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Free Discussion”