F-105D Billy Sparks - Every Man A Tiger FINISHED

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
TheMongoose
Advanced Member

Re: F-105D Billy Sparks - Got Some Color On!

Post by TheMongoose »

Stuart wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:24 am That's an excellent bit of masking work - masks cut by hand or have you a cutter?
Silhouette Cameo 3 for me :grin: it has a great designer program that goes with it. I can scan and trace tons of stuff. Then i can either modify it from there or draw from scratch as well. Lots of flexibility for modeling.
Brandons_Iron
Advanced Member

Post by Brandons_Iron »

That's the cutter I have. It's awesome. The ability you have to create or copy any mask you want is killer.
BrandonK

If you can't fix it with duct tape, you're not using enough duct tape.
TheMongoose
Advanced Member

Post by TheMongoose »

A little more color tonight. I got some red…

…white and blue down!

Isn’t it crazy how much overspray gets on it even though the airbrush is within 1/2” of the model and sprayed on thin and light?

Not too bad verall. Where it’s a little out of register I will be able to just brush paint some of the Vallejo metal color if I need to. Next up, a mask to go over those masks haha i need the clear lights added, the olive drab on the spine and the red warning stripes down the rear fuselage and then i can put the silver lacquer down :stirpot:
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Looks great!!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Here I was thinking that the underside national insignia was too far inboard, but then the official marking specs show it right there where you put it. Excellent attention to detail there!

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Weird position all right. Better take that drawing to the show.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Great progress!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
TheMongoose
Advanced Member

Post by TheMongoose »

jeaton01 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:19 pm Weird position all right. Better take that drawing to the show.
Too funny :lol: and you are SO RIGHT!
TheMongoose
Advanced Member

Post by TheMongoose »

Stikpusher wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:33 pm Here I was thinking that the underside national insignia was too far inboard, but then the official marking specs show it right there where you put it. Excellent attention to detail there!

Dude that’s my saving grace for the next step! I was looking for some type of top view for the olive drab down the spine. This will work perfect. Kudos for posting :shoutout:
Can’t take much credit for the details tho beyond making sure I found an expert :grin: Larry Davis of Squadron Signal fame is helping me with all the details for Hazel :bow: He’s a member of the Fame Cities IPMS club up in Akron Ohio so i catch up with him at monthly meetings and in between via email.
Stikpusher

Re: F-105D Billy Sparks - Stars & Bars

Post by Stikpusher »

You’re quite welcome for the accidental help on the next step :wink: I got that off of Cybermodeler. He has the Tech Orders for paint specs on many USAF types from that era in the aircraft reference section of the site. And it sure sounds like you have a superb resource in Mr Davis at your IPMS chapter. We have no such resources here in Phoenix that I know of…
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”