What I thought was a Tamiya P-51

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

What I thought was a Tamiya P-51

Post by tempestjohnny »

Just took the plastic wrap off of a Tamiya P-51 that's been in my stash for ages. Well....It's a Hasegawa P-51K inside the box with Hasegawa instructions and Tamiya decals :hmm: I guess it wasn't factory wrap. It's not a problem the Hasegawa still builds up nice
LyleW
Admin

Re: What I thought was a Tamiya P-51

Post by LyleW »

Interesting. Good you are okay with the kit.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
cbaltrin
Master Member

Post by cbaltrin »

Don't ya just love when that happens? :rofl: At least it was not rocks inside..
Big Joe: 'You just keep those Tigers busy and we'll take care of the rest.'
Oddball: 'The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me...'

My Stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... 53&p=stash
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

That's weird... why go through the trouble. I could see if it was one of the old monogram kits maybe, if you're trying to rip someone off. But along with what you said, I'd assume a hasegawa kit is on par. Reminds me of when I bought one of the Call Of Duty games, got home and there was a blank CD in the case. Someone did some nice surgery on the packaging.
Thanks,
John
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I’m gonna guess that you bought that kit secondhand, and not from a shop?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

I think so. I've had so long.....at least 15 years
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

The problem is models have a half-life, Tamiya degrades to Hasegawa, until all down the line you look in that box and find a Starfix kit! You have to open the kits every so often and look at them to keep that from happening.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

jeaton01 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:35 pm The problem is models have a half-life, Tamiya degrades to Hasegawa, until all down the line you look in that box and find a Starfix kit! You have to open the kits every so often and look at them to keep that from happening.
Aw S&%t that means I might have A couple of battle ax kits by now
Glamdring
Advanced Member

Post by Glamdring »

keavdog wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:51 am That's weird... why go through the trouble. I could see if it was one of the old monogram kits maybe, if you're trying to rip someone off. But along with what you said, I'd assume a hasegawa kit is on par. Reminds me of when I bought one of the Call Of Duty games, got home and there was a blank CD in the case. Someone did some nice surgery on the packaging.
A couple years back I bought a blu ray online via in store pickup that came in a cardboard slip case. When I went to open it up and redeem the digital copy, the plastic wrap was slit along the side and the digital copy sheet already removed. Couldn't tell it was tampered with until you actually took off the cardboard.

Naturally, the store wouldn't exchange for an untampered with copy it because it was opened...
aka Robert

"I can't get ahead no matter how hard I try, I'm gettin' really good at barely gettin' by"

Return to “Modeling Discussion”