What I thought was a Tamiya P-51

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: What I thought was a Tamiya P-51

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I’ve heard stories at Hobby Lobby of finding “sealed” kits having missing parts. What they do is cut along the box bottom edges, open it, get what they want/need and close it back up, put it back on the shelf. This is mostly with car kits.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

jeaton01 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:35 pm The problem is models have a half-life, Tamiya degrades to Hasegawa, until all down the line you look in that box and find a Starfix kit! You have to open the kits every so often and look at them to keep that from happening.
That is one of the smartest things ever written on SPAM. I'm on my way to the basement now...
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

mostrich wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:32 am
jeaton01 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:35 pm The problem is models have a half-life, Tamiya degrades to Hasegawa, until all down the line you look in that box and find a Starfix kit! You have to open the kits every so often and look at them to keep that from happening.
That is one of the smartest things ever written on SPAM. I'm on my way to the basement now...
I was gonna say something about that too Torben. That's frickin'' FUNNY right there!!! :giggles:

Return to “Modeling Discussion”