Zombie Apocalypse and the AH-1Z Viper

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
keavdog
Elite Member

Re: Zombie Apocalypse and the AH-1Z Viper

Post by keavdog »

Diorama idea
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
TheMongoose
Advanced Member

Post by TheMongoose »

Ha! Cool stuff. I’ve never seen the world war Z stuff Keavdog :grin:

Lots done before i packed up again and moved out of the hotel
Different approach to assembling here. Had trouble with the engine panels last time. This time i did them 1st. Smooth with no filler needed. 2nd i did exhaust piece. 3rd the boom. Intakes are fitted 4th. 5th and last will be bottom of fuselage.

While that looks like a seam on the nose it’s just the telltale black primer leftover from sanding. A little CA over the seam, dry for 10 seconds, hit it with the sanding stick, then presto no seam!

You guys all suck by the way :tease: i looked up pilots tonight and dang, $35 and DefModels seems to be the only game in town for Viper pilots, plus they’re out of stock multiple places :headbang: If anyone knows of something cheaper, let me know would you?
Brandons_Iron
Advanced Member

Post by Brandons_Iron »

Cool subject and even cooler theme.
BrandonK

If you can't fix it with duct tape, you're not using enough duct tape.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Is this the Kitty Hawk kit? If so, where are the issues with it. I have one in the stash.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Brandons_Iron
Advanced Member

Post by Brandons_Iron »

I've built the Kittyhawk kit, it's amazing. I had zero issues. The details are awesome. I bought a second one when they went out of business. You won't be sorry.
BrandonK

Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

That’s awesome! I got all the PE sets for it too.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
TheMongoose
Advanced Member

Post by TheMongoose »

Medicman71 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:50 pm Is this the Kitty Hawk kit? If so, where are the issues with it. I have one in the stash.
Mine is the Academy kit :grin: assembly wise it’s really a great kit to build. Itks 2 shortcomings are the clear parts and the cockpit. The cockpit is barren. I spent hours on my last one adding elements to it. In terms of clear parts the issue was packaging. They put them in a bad spot and often at least one was cracked. I actually have 2 extra sets because if this (they are good about replacing them).
TheMongoose
Advanced Member

Post by TheMongoose »

Well dang pilots are tough to get for Sure. The only ones I have found are in Australia and they won’t get here until end of February wowzers! :headbang:
Brandons_Iron
Advanced Member

Post by Brandons_Iron »

I have been trying to buy figures of all sizes, but most are from China and will take some time to arrive. My worry is China is in such turmoil that who knows what's gonna happen or if you'll ever get it. So, I'm just not ordering anything from them. Hopefully, now that 3D printing is really taking off we will see many more figures available for AC, armor and vehicles. I would love to see 1/24 1/25 figures for cars and trucks. Not much available right now that's not cartoony.
BrandonK

TheMongoose
Advanced Member

Post by TheMongoose »

Good point. I’ve got to believe it will be so much easier in the future to get a figure. Once you draw it all up there’s no restrictions on printing or molding or casting. You just either make it available to everybody to just buy your file or you go ahead and do that printing for someone in order to keep the copyright essentially on your work. Thinking about this there’s no restriction on the scale anymore!

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”