Heller 1/48 Etendard IV M

Post your completed aircraft here.
Stikpusher

Heller 1/48 Etendard IV M

Post by Stikpusher »

So here we have my latest completion- Heller’s Etendard IV M in 1/48. Let’s just say that this kit was challenging. The front of the fuselage was warped around the intake areas, the plastic quite brittle, and the fit in some other areas less than ideal. She fought me more and more as I neared the finish line, but in the end I did complete this bird. Using the kit decals, and some scavenged from an Etendard IV P in my stash I was able to finish this in the scheme worn in the mid 80’s, using some Xtracolor enamel on the topside and Tamiya acrylics on the undersides. It has lots of little flaws due to various things that happened along the way, but I am quite happy to get this one finished and onto my display shelf.

Thanks for looking, comments and critiques are welcomed ;)
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Re: Heller 1/48 Etendard IV M

Post by Gary Brantley »

She may have put up a fight, but you tamed the beast! :shoutout: That's a beauty Carlos and my only critique is that I don't have it on my shelf! :grin:
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thank you Gary. Yeah I’d say that your assessment is on target. Now you need to get yourself one :wink:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
cbaltrin
Master Member

Post by cbaltrin »

Very nice Carlos! One Heller of a job I must say! Now tell me one thing.. What is the difference between and Etendard and a Super Etendard? Very cool looking craft!
Big Joe: 'You just keep those Tigers busy and we'll take care of the rest.'
Oddball: 'The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me...'

My Stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... 53&p=stash
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Very, very nice Carlos! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

As I said in the build Thread Carlos, that is a superb build of a not often seen subject. Those French do know how to make some pretty jets.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

CB, Tom, and Stuart, thank you all.
cbaltrin wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:40 pm Very nice Carlos! One Heller of a job I must say! Now tell me one thing.. What is the difference between and Etendard and a Super Etendard? Very cool looking craft!
Good job on the Heller pun… :giggles: As far as the difference between the Etendard and the Super Etendard, to my knowledge, the main difference is avionics in the nose. The Etendard IV M had just a basic radar and was akin to an early model Skyhawk with the short ranged guided weapons limitations. The Super Etendard had an all weather search and attack radar in the nose, and the capability to use it with newer longer range weapons like the Exocet.
Stuart wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:50 am As I said in the build Thread Carlos, that is a superb build of a not often seen subject. Those French do know how to make some pretty jets.
Stuart, I quite agree about the looks. Dassault has a visual flair in their designs.

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Great job Stik! Really turned out great!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thank you Mike. It may not have turned out as well as envisioned, but I do like how it turned out.

FLSM
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Stikpusher wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:04 am

Stuart, I quite agree about the looks. Dassault has a visual flair in their designs.
That's because Marcel Dassault was (is) doing penance for those mid war years when he designed all those monstrosities under the name Marcel Bloch, which he changed to Dassault after the war.

Bloch 200
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html

Return to “Completed Builds”