Yesterday in Austin TX

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
LyleW
Admin

Yesterday in Austin TX

Post by LyleW »

To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Yesterday in Austin TX

Post by BlackSheep214 »

A FedEx aircraft attempting to land while another commercial aircraft is taking off?
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Yep. The ATC cleared the FEDEX tp land and the SWA to take off. Lucky people. I don’t know how the SWA pilots did not see the FedEx plane and abort the takeoff. May have been weather.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

That is what now? Three near collisions in the US in as many weeks?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Ya and I'm flying to Philly on Tuesday. I was wishing the Eagles would loose after I realized I'd be flying back PHL->PHX on Thu before superbowl weekend :headslap: :shutup:
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah… we’re planning on staying hunkered down up here on the hill for the weekend and avoiding all the madness in the valley… don’t forget the golf tournament on the east side that’s gonna pull in just as many fans as the Super Bowl… I need to restock my liquor cabinet for this next weekend.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Exactly what I was thinking.
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

I had several such experiences during my flying career. The worst was going into Albuquerque one day. I was cleared to land behind a 737, but he missed the normal high speed exit and couldn't clear the runway. I was flying a Citation 501, and the controller told me to go around and cautioned me that I was being followed by two F-18's. The thing about that is the military is on a UHF frequency while civil traffic is on VHF so you can hear the tower, which broadcasts on both, but not the military traffic. I elected to make a minimum speed 120 degree right turn to land on a cross runway as I had no idea how close the F-18's were and as they were behind me seeing them was no option and I was afraid they might overrun me if they went around, which they might likely do. All the while I had a passenger in the back who was yakking at me and a low time copilot in the other seat. Just another day at the office.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Gotta love it! My two close calls were both mid-air. One, I was going from Louisville to somewhere southeast. About 30 miles out from LOU, a twin, looked like an Aerostar, crossed in front of me Right to left, climbing. I assume they may have come from one of a couple grass strips in the area. Those are/were sometimes used by druggies. I was using flight following. Told ATC about it. They never saw it.

The other was landing at Alpena MI for a CAP completion. I was on mile or two final, cleared to land and a Cherokee shot by overhead an landed in front of me. Funny thing...we knew the a-hole flying. He was a pilot with the Indiana CAP. Turd of a guy.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

keavdog wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:30 pm Ya and I'm flying to Philly on Tuesday. I was wishing the Eagles would loose after I realized I'd be flying back PHL->PHX on Thu before superbowl weekend :headslap: :shutup:
Go Philly.... :whistle: :tongue:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn

Return to “Free Discussion”