Sum Bitch 2nd Class -4

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
LyleW
Admin

Re: Sum Bitch 2nd Class -4

Post by LyleW »

Look very good, I like the the paint work. That is a lot of stencils! I am with you….I rarely apply all the stencils.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

She's heading towards the finish line later tonight. Not much left to do. Already installed the dive flaps, turtleneck canopy, bomb doors, dispenser rack with bombs attached, & rear gunner seat w/MG.

All is left are the canopy parts, mast antenna, and Yagi underling antennas. Flat clearcoat will be applied before canopy parts are installed.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Stuart wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:54 am Great work Tom and a great looking collection John!
:P1:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Well, the quantity of my Navy jets sure sucks compared to yours, John. The quality looks good too.
And your Beast is looking good, Tom, pretty soon you should be launching it (in a good way!)
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Another part went to the black hole. The life raft container that goes to the rear canopy went click, click, click and gone. Had to remove e it from the canopy because I had it glued on the wrong side of the canopy. I pulled it off and set it aside. When I glued the cano oy to the fuselage and was ready to reglue it to the correct end of the canopy, it disappeared. Saw the direction it went and now I can't find the damn thing. :headbang:

How hard could it be to find a small barrel-like object painted in green Zinc Chromate with a red handle painted ??? :bored: :bag:

That's the last thing to do before calling it done. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Ah bummer. Something you can scratch build or omit?
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

It's all my fault Tom I shouldn't have said launch!
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

jeaton01 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:52 am It's all my fault Tom I shouldn't have said launch!
LOL!

BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

keavdog wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:13 am Ah bummer. Something you can scratch build or omit?
If I can't find it, I'll omit it.since it's gonna be hanging from ceiling near my bench. I won't see it so it don't matter at this point. But.... in the back.of my mind I'll know it's missing.

BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Resumed the search and found it - under the leg of my bench. It must've bounced back under my bench. Not where I expected it find it.

Tried to re-install it but it's a no-go. Too tight of a fit next to radio.equipment as shown in instruction guide....

I can now rest easy knowing I tried and accept that it will not fit. Out of sight, out of mind is my motto for this situation.

She is finally done once the rear canooy is glued on. The next step is figure the best way to hang it using fishing line on which points....

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”