Monogram 1/48 F-84F

Stikpusher

Monogram 1/48 F-84F

Post by Stikpusher »

Today I started working on my entry for this GB. I started with the usual basic cockpit assembly, but since it is a rainy high humidity day here, I held off on starting any airbrushing of the basic colors. The detailing is nice, and should look real good with paint and a wash.

I also drilled out the muzzle areas of the nose and wing root guns. Much easier to do now than later on…

Painting starting in a day or so…
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
cbaltrin
Master Member

Re: Monogram 1/48 F-84F

Post by cbaltrin »

So, you bust out a Thunder Jet in AZ and it starts raining? Did I understand that correctly Carlos? :lol:
Anyway, that cockpit appears to have potential -- some nice details in there...
Big Joe: 'You just keep those Tigers busy and we'll take care of the rest.'
Oddball: 'The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me...'

My Stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... 53&p=stash
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Glad to see this started Carlos. That cockpit looks nic detailed.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Well, it’s now Saturday evening and time for a weeeknd update… (but not live from New York…)

I’ve been doing bits of work on this over the last several days, fist opening up these side auxiliary intake doors. As you can see the molded opening was a bit soft, so opening them up looks a LOT better.

And then the fun part, airbrushing. Since I was using Vallejo Model Air for the interior base colors, and those don’t adhere very well to bare plastic, I airbrushed on some Tamiya Flat Black on all areas that would be painted with the Vallejo.

Then today was airbrushing on the base colors. The National Museum of the USAF has a great online virtual 360 of a F-84F cockpit, that does not look to have been restored, so I went with the colors on that. Sidewalls and consoles-black, floor in Interior Green, and the seat looks the be in Dull Dark Green. The rear wall of the cockpit I also decided to go with the Dull Dark Green as the online view doesn’t show that, but the instructions show that color on that area.

Next up is a bunch of detail painting and when that’s complete, I’ll post another update…
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

I'm surprised at the detail in the cockpit, nice!
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Looking good.
I broke down when recuperating and bought one of the T-Bird kits at Hobby Lobby
Back in the early 80's I built the camo version. Even then I thought it to be an awesome kit.
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Carlos, here's a couple pics, albeit sort of blurry, of my Monogram F-84F cockpit and one of the finished bird. I'm not sure I've ever posted it here:

Man, now I wish I had opened up those side auxiliary doors too.

Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Very nice! The detail out of the box in that cockpit is really nice!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Looking good, Carlos!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Gary, your Hog looks great and that is some super work that you put into its' cockpit! Wow! :wow: Looks like you added a PE seat harness there... :hmm: Mine won't have one of those, just paint work. :whiteflag: :wink:
In a few days... :bored:

FLSM

Return to “W.I.P. Monogram Mafia”